Author Topic: What got Kiola into these Bouncy Stilts? Answered. - by Kiola  (Read 2881 times)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
What got Kiola into these Bouncy Stilts? Answered. - by Kiola
« on: September 24, 2007, 02:32:10 AM »
The reason for me taking up this sport all started a while back in a town called Portsmouth. We as a group traveled to Portsmouth for a conference and were exploring the city when… there they were in the distance; someone was walking around on a real pair of whatever there called (springy shoe thingies) it sparked an old memory of seeing them briefly on an advert for Zurich, and I never forgot after that. Shortly after that my friend Ben (Jeezbo) got some money together and convinced his parents to pay for half the cost as a Christmas present (In August!) and said he’d put them away until Christmas. Well… to cut a long story short they didn’t stay under the stairs as promised but we took them out in his car to an old warehouse car park and took our first steps in these new toys. We were so excited, we knew nothing at the time about these but we just couldn’t resist the urge to test them out,

“We’ll try them once and then I will put them back for Christmas” Ben Promised

That day finished and the next day we both had the day off so we decided to go up to Bristol to get Ben’s Ice Skates heat molded (were you heat up an ice skate and then put them on to make them more of the same shape on the inside as your foot) and then go ice skating in Bristol Ice Rink. After getting his skates molded we realized that we’d missed the last session of the day and the next one was a good 5 hours away…

We had 5 hours to waste before we could skate and realized that Ben’s Bocks were sill in the back of his car so Ben put them on and I walked into Bristol city centre with him. It was so funny, streams of people walking around us starring, pointing and having a giggle at how insane Ben looked. When he got tired it was my turn and we just kept taking in turns until it was time to go ice skating. Our confidence grew throughout the experience and we learnt so much about how people reacted and commented on them, after this we would never be scared again to go into a public place with our Powerisers on.

A good month later (now near mid October) I order a pair for my birthday and they arrive 2 days later along with the biggest grin on my face you will probably ever see until I’m learning something new.