Author Topic: Jumping  (Read 7832 times)

Offline choco bean

Jumping
« on: September 24, 2007, 06:51:14 PM »
I've managed to walk freely on my powerisers, the springs are still a bit stiff, cos i got the reccomended 10kg up.  I've tryed to jump, i can't jump high because when i land i seem to tip forward luckily theres someone there to catch me.

Also when i jump i seem to want to lift my feet up inside my shoes.  It is me or can i do sothing about this. And can someone tell me how to jump properly, plz?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 04:40:42 PM by choco bean »

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: Jumping
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 07:08:20 PM »
A video would be good. But it reads like you r doing 1 of 2 things wrong ( possibly both).
a/ looking down at the grond very close to your feet. This causes your upper body to bend foreward.The result is what is technically called a 'turning moment'. Cos your weight is offset, instead of jumping straight up  you go forewards.

b/ You are trying to jump 'normally'. That is to say how you would on your feet, up and down on the balls of your feet. Again this will push your wieght forewards.

Solutions.
a/ Look at the ground but about 15-20 feet ahead of you. This should  just mean averting the eyes a bit or at worse a slight incline of the head. Permitting you to keep as straight a back as possible.

b/ Bounce through the heels. This will put your weight directly down on to the hooves.

The result should be a more controlled and higher bounces straight up. Then when you wish to kanga hop you just angle your toro foreward ---and away you go

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 07:11:14 PM »
I am going to be using a set of springs 20kg more than my last, only set I could find that was not under my weight, and was in stock. Naz there is a deal on another website, will pm you giving the site, and the deal price!! So I better break them in hard when I get them, and try to bounce the hell out of them!! lol 8)

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline choco bean

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 07:12:04 PM »
thx ill try it tomoz

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 01:48:17 AM »
Thanks for the PM  ;)

I think you would be ok on the 20kg more especially now that you have got the technique. You may find them a bit hard to begin with but you should be fine on them after a few goes.

Kiola and Ian (Urbantricker) both like to use heavier springs might be an idea to ask their advise :)

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 02:02:40 AM »
I will do Naz, as I fear that 60's will never last me, with the way i am getting, and the fact i am 5 kgs over their weight range!

Fire is good!
Burn Scars are for life!

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 11:00:23 AM »
definately not worth buying 60's for you!

Offline tundraH

• I'm just me and you aren't. :-P
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 11:15:21 AM »
If you have the technique figured out then having the 20kg difference won't be too much of a problem.  You'll just have to put more effort into your bounces.  I am 100kg and after using 120's I wouldn't go back.  You will certainly get much more height.
Fighting for peace is like f*#king for virginity

Sig designed by Sprog

Jason injures himself so I don't have to be injured.

Proud member of the "The Banned Bockers"

"If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 03:34:59 PM »
If you have the technique figured out then having the 20kg difference won't be too much of a problem.  You'll just have to put more effort into your bounces.  I am 100kg and after using 120's I wouldn't go back.  You will certainly get much more height.

Tried a set of 90-120kgs Powerisers today, get a nice 2 feet of air, without pushing too hard, and springs have not been broken in properly, looking forwards to getting my springs tomorrow!! Then I can bock again!! lol

Fire is good!
Burn Scars are for life!

Offline choco bean

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 05:58:12 PM »
 :woohoo: :nanadance: It's been a long time, I've been on my juniors, but now moved onto the adults.  Just been out today and I've finally done my first few kanga hops unaided!!! Not getting much hieght, but I went for 20kg above my wieght so springs are still breaking in. Also my balance is a bit naff, and I feel if I wave my arms about to get more balance I nearly fall over! Anyone else experienced the same problem? Or is it just me?
Anyways :woohoo: I managed to kanga hop, tricking here I come!!! :banana:

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 07:58:56 PM »
I've managed to walk freely on my powerisers, the springs are still a bit stiff, cos i got the reccomended 10kg up.  I've tryed to jump, i can't jump high because when i land i seem to tip forward luckily theres someone there to catch me.

Also when i jump i seem to want to lift my feet up inside my shoes.  It is me or can i do sothing about this. And can someone tell me how to jump properly, plz?

Hey,

Sorry if i repete anyone, but i havent been bocking long as i have just started to get some good high jumps i found the easyest way was to hold onto a wall with both nads then one then just stand in fount of it and move futer away until you feel confident by urself.
i had the same problem with my feel moving in my shoes so...Wear 2 pairs of socks =]
but think it like your jumping on your heels and you cant go wrong =]

Happy bouncing

Mini Ellis xx

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 08:05:21 PM »
:woohoo: :nanadance: It's been a long time, I've been on my juniors, but now moved onto the adults.  Just been out today and I've finally done my first few kanga hops unaided!!! Not getting much hieght, but I went for 20kg above my wieght so springs are still breaking in. Also my balance is a bit naff, and I feel if I wave my arms about to get more balance I nearly fall over! Anyone else experienced the same problem? Or is it just me?
Anyways :woohoo: I managed to kanga hop, tricking here I come!!! :banana:

Heya yeah i find i wave my arms about too but in my signature pic of me jumping my arms are behind me and they shouldnt go behind you apparently =s but i just wave my arms around anywhere just to keep my balance so i would just say use your arms like your jumping on a trampoline to start with to keep your balance, but sometimes i feel a bit silly.

Mini Ellis xx

Offline ricc

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 08:10:17 PM »
well, as ellis already resurected the post i thought i would add my 2 peneth!!!

SX, they were my bocks you had a go on haha. man that seems like ages ago now.

Jumping i find, is something you have to relax into, if you try and push it it all starts to go wrong lol..... as i found out 2 weekends ago ending up with a broken bock and very very dented pride. :p

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 08:17:24 PM »
well, as ellis already resurected the post i thought i would add my 2 peneth!!!

SX, they were my bocks you had a go on haha. man that seems like ages ago now.

Jumping i find, is something you have to relax into, if you try and push it it all starts to go wrong lol..... as i found out 2 weekends ago ending up with a broken bock and very very dented pride. :p

Accually now you said that it is easyer if you relax cos sometimes i think i try to hard and get annoyed and just cant jump or when i do i land squiffy
hit two birds withone stone their =]]

Mini Ellis xx

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 09:58:11 PM »

Hey,

Sorry if i repete anyone, but i havent been bocking long as i have just started to get some good high jumps i found the easyest way was to hold onto a wall with both nads then one then just stand in fount of it and move futer away until you feel confident by urself.
i had the same problem with my feel moving in my shoes so...Wear 2 pairs of socks =]

Happy bouncing

Mini Ellis xx

Both nads????? ROFLMAO!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 10:01:11 PM »

Hey,

Happy bouncing

Mini Ellis xx

Both nads????? ROFLMAO!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Both Hands XDD oh dear i need to type slower

Mini Ellis xx

« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 10:06:59 PM by Ellis »

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 10:46:01 PM »
 :lol: