Author Topic: getting the hang of picking things up  (Read 2927 times)

Offline gillybert

• still alive, up to the neck !!!
    • Gillybert,s Youtube Channel
getting the hang of picking things up
« on: October 16, 2007, 07:52:11 AM »
Not posted for a while, been busy and not been on my PJs for 2 weeks :(

Made up for it on Sunday though  :) , spent a couple of hours round Elvaston Castle on them again.

Finally figured out how to pick things up off the floor without getting down off the PJs, neat and useful trick.  And getting up on my own is getting easier too  ;D

I got stopped 3 times by people asking where to get them from, so I simply told them all 'Just type PROJUMP into google'.  They were all surprised by the price I told them  :) as they said they had seen them for way more, even upto £600, which had put them off  :(

My jumping is getting better aswell, I'm more confident about not falling over and am going to start practising jumps over things soon.

Its surprising how agile I can be with the PJs on, although having great nobbly mountain bike tyre sox fixed to the hoofs helps on the grass.

Cut a bit of a vid together from sunday just to show how much fun I have on my PJs  ;D .  I'm getting my daughter to try them on this week, and if shes OK, I'm buying her a pair of her own.  I won't have to bock on my own then.

Anyway, enough rambling. Cheers all

GB.....

[youtube=425,350]g1FOP-Sa0Bs[/youtube]

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: getting the hang of picking things up
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 08:27:54 AM »
It's great to see your progress in the vid - well done m8. You look so confident getting down & back up from the floor too now.

and a big thank you for recommending us

Cheers  ;)

Offline GRS

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 08:46:22 AM »
Cool vid... Why is it that when I try to play on grass I slip? I think I need some studdies!

Offline gillybert

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 09:01:45 AM »
Naz, No prob recommending, as the tiger would say 'They'rrreee ggggggggggreat'

GRS, Cheers for the view. The tyres I've wrapped and jubileed clipped to the hoofs have close to ¼" high nobbles on them, which rarely slip on grass unless it's water logged.

Makes them slightly less stable  :-\ on hard surfaces, but they only take 2 mins to put on or take off.  I'll post a galley pix of them later :)

GB.....

Offline GRS

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 09:04:15 AM »
look forward to that pic, what type of tyre did you use? I just used a kids bike tyre  :D

Offline Joe Legg

• What goes up! Must come down!
    • www.PushYourLimits.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 06:38:26 PM »
lol i should of done a video of me trying to pick up a 10p on the Dorchester meet, without having to go down and get back up again. that was funny  ;D

E-Mail: joe@pushyourlimits.co.uk
Latest Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3mB5yxMHjE

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 08:36:46 PM »
Your as mad as I am gilly love the music it really fits

Good idea playing catch on the that should really improve the ballance I think I'll try that this weekend

If anyone saw you chasing the kids with a stick you'd get arrested  ;D then I realised you were going to hit the ball  ;)

Offline gillybert

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 09:46:39 PM »
look forward to that pic, what type of tyre did you use? I just used a kids bike tyre  :D

GRS, the tyre came off my MTB and is a KENDA XC 26" x 1.95" and they're around £10-12 each, but you can get 3 pairs of sox out of one tyre  :). I've put a pix in the gallery of them for reference.

Cheers

GB.....