Author Topic: Hills slopes and stairs  (Read 3433 times)

Dark Knight

Hills slopes and stairs
« on: September 30, 2007, 09:12:22 PM »
An odd topic for me to start living in the fens.
I have to travel miles to find any hills, best I can find near me is a bridge   :-\

I've travelled to Lincoln to climb the hill to the top. A lot of the paths up have cobbled roads fine for walking a bit tricky on stilts but thankfully many have stone paths too.
Most people will know "Steep Hill" which leads straight form the High Street

This as only a small hard slope and not too hard !
Motherby Hill Was a lot harder there's only two type of cobbles and should only be tackled after noon in the summer because of the moss in the cobbles. It's too damp before this time and after noon the sun shine right along it.Sorry for the big picture but I had to include more than one shot of this.

These are only two I climbed going down is tricky but taken slowly it can be done. If I can anyone can.

Now what have you climbed ?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 07:19:18 PM by Dark Knight »

Dark Knight

Re: Hills slopes and stairs
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 09:29:33 PM »
There's a nice hill down  :)

Road had the odd pot hole It turn the bend ( nice view ) and them it turn into this   ???

About 10 set of 5 steps with a sloped path between them  :o
And here me waving just before that little did I did I know what lay in wait around the corner !?

Offline rickbicker26

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 10:37:34 PM »
did u get any wierd looks from the coppers at the police station at the bottom of motherby hill.lol... and what theat bloke say when u walk past him that was walking down motherby hill..

i know where the lincs fm building is if u ever wanted to do some bouncing around outside there...lol (who knows might end up being on the radio  ;D)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 12:00:47 AM by rickbicker26 »

Offline steve76

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 10:07:28 AM »
dark knight your shadow looks so much less muscley then your old pics :P ;)

steve.

Offline Taunton

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 05:32:27 PM »
Don't think bocking would suit itself to radio very well :-\

Dark Knight

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 11:32:00 PM »
The odd thing about hill bocking is I found it easy to run up the hill on stlits !
I would not recommend run down any big hills has you could lose control and gain too much speed fall badly or run in to someone or thing !
When bocking down a hill it's much better to walk. Take a step, pause for a second and step again this should lose the bonuce from the spring maybe zigzag too if it's real steep.

The real good thing about hill bocking is you get a even better view from the top than anyone else  ;D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 12:39:20 PM by Dark Knight »