Author Topic: Nov 4th Bournemouth Gym meet  (Read 3572 times)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Nov 4th Bournemouth Gym meet
« on: October 23, 2007, 06:13:07 PM »
Yep we are doing another one.

The last 1 was a real blast and we just didnt want the day to end. TundraH and myself spent 7 hours on bocks. Tho only 1 hour was in  the gym. Athoul  finally landed a front flip. 2 a bit dodgy but 2 more pretty darn perfect . He was straightened out with the hooves still a couple of inches above the crash mat as he came down. But on another occasion over rotated and went flying foreward. He wants to get that right bewfore going outside.( vid should be following soon)

But wasnt all top end stuff. Shazza , who has only had her pro-jumps a few weeks was the biggest gainer. If you you saw her on the Dorchester she was too timid to do much. not only have we got her tiricking  but doing it in the centre of Bournemouth square and then in front of the Pier.

But on to the next meet. Sunday Nov 4th. meet outside gym ( pm me if you want details tho it is in the recomended gyms thread) at 1130 for a warm up. Afterwoods we go off for an outdoor bock. May go to Poole rather than Bournemouth this time.

If the weather looks bad nearer the time I will try and book a second hour.

Oh the cost is £7-70 an hour for a badmington court sized area ---but we seemed to be left with 1/2 the sports hall -- thats 3 courts--bargain ;D

So in summary - if you live near -- you just have to come along!

Offline Joe Legg

• What goes up! Must come down!
    • www.PushYourLimits.co.uk
Re: Nov 4th Bournemouth Gym meet
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 06:30:48 PM »
I'll be there as normal, I got a forward flip to master! ;D A really great day out for all skill levels.
Also if anyone needs a lift from Dorchester just let me know and I'm sure I can help you out. (just pm me)

E-Mail: joe@pushyourlimits.co.uk
Latest Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3mB5yxMHjE

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 06:34:08 PM »
Looks like your nearly on your way to mastering the flips Joe - Well done. Also its great that Rich finally did it to although I dont think I have seen the vid yet  :(

Have a good time guys  ;)

Offline Joe Legg

• What goes up! Must come down!
    • www.PushYourLimits.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 07:24:52 PM »
well hopefully it wont be long now till the front flip is mastered (cross fingers) but now rich has mastered it its giving me some more determination to master it.

I've been looking like a idiot at work going though the whole routine of the front flip ....the run up .... arms up... tuck it a little ball....  :P

but when I do make it I'm sure you all will hear about it :P

E-Mail: joe@pushyourlimits.co.uk
Latest Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3mB5yxMHjE

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 07:28:14 PM »
Nope vid not finished ---skewl works got in the way I guess. Shazza did some videoing too ---till tundraH knocked the camera off the ledge it was perched on --d'oh

But Now ive had a few peeps say 'ill come along once i can do a few tricks'. OK they may have been saying 'no thanks-nicely'. But that is really viewing this sport wrong. And all who were at capital bocking will back me up. It is the 'enjoyment factor' that is most important. Doesnt matter how 'good or bad' you are. We all get on.

Ive met I think about 100 other bockers --comfortably more than most I think its fair to say. Ability-wise Ive seen most everything from myself in a mirror to people like Mataus Linstrom ( SWEBOUNCE) or Paul Dawes ( dawesome) or the team 101 guys or Wolfy (the boss of 7 leagues)  in 1 way or another nationally or internationally they are at the front  pushing this sport. Dont bother them who they bock with.

The best example i can give is 'jono'. There is a memorable bit of youtube where he puts his camera on top of a wheelie bin --then promtly films himself 'not' performing tricks - just fracturing his collar bone. Afew months on he grabbed the chance of a gym ( eventually a few )meet with some top guys in bradford ( jono lives in south wales btw). The break was about 11 months ago. A couple of weeks ago he mastered the barani --thats a front flip with a 180 degree twist!  Jono is 14 and his m8 Lewis isnt far behind --when given the opertunity to have 'more fun'  they said 'yeah go4it' ;D

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 03:50:03 PM »
this meet has now been extended to 2 hours 1200-1400  All other details as before ;D