Author Topic: Just spotted this...  (Read 4037 times)

Offline lurchenstien

Just spotted this...
« on: November 07, 2007, 05:21:06 PM »
On ebay, while looking for stuff to mod my PJ's with.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CRICKET-BAT-REPAIR-TAPE-FIBRE-GLASS-10M-SUPER-STRONG_W0QQitemZ260177432029QQihZ016QQcategoryZ2906QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

''This is a Super Strength product with reinforced filaments running through it.

Repair damage such as cracks or peeling anti scuff surface and prolong the life of your bat.''

Anyone else think it'd also prolong the life of our springs a bit more than electrical tape??

L.

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
Re: Just spotted this...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 05:36:56 PM »
hmm well it says for the bat because its probably very sticky and mostue but it isnt any stronger than say gaffer tape which you can put on your sorings and gaffa looks better but its up to you mate you can try it and tell us what you think ???

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline lurchenstien

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 05:42:27 PM »
I was thinking a couple of layers, crossing it over, then a layer of the electrical tape for good measure and looks. I mean, if they say it can do what it does for cricket bats, why wouldnt it benefit us bockers?

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 06:06:02 PM »
i have tape which is similar to that its plasters joint tape (skrim) its very strong stuff havnt tried it but i think it would restrict spring movement as its hard stuff!

just my input

Carl

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 06:45:45 PM »
hmm good point if the bat tape is to strong then it will stop the spring from bending there full potential and restrict the speed and height that you can do things

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 06:54:12 PM »
I don't think any one has tried that sort of tape so it would be something you have to try out. If its too stiff its easy enough to remove it I suppose  ;)

Dark Knight

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 06:55:36 PM »
I've used this tape at work ( boxes and boxes of the stuff ).
It's just like normal sticky tape with string in it !?
It doesn't stretch but it doesn't flex either  :-\

Offline lurchenstien

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 07:17:04 PM »
Surely if it would restrict the spring in the slightest, it'd effectively be like slightly uprating the spring? Wouldnt it??

My springs have a load of tiny cracks / stress marks in them at the bottom, one looks like it even has a deep chip that's gonna go in the near future. That made me think when I saw the tape on e-bay. 

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 07:27:54 PM »
Springs go when they want to, at anytime, listen out for the crack!! I think it would not work, as it would restrict the amount that the springs could move!! But you can prove me wrong!!  8)

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Dark Knight

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 07:40:21 PM »
I think it would make thing worse if you used too much !?
The tape would restrict the spring and put pressure pionts along edge the the spring and the inside edge could not compress propally !?