Author Topic: Banned for being to Dangerous  (Read 55622 times)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
Re: Banned for being to Dangerous
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2007, 12:39:22 AM »
HAHA sounds funny :D hus the crazy orange lady :P

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline ade

« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2007, 08:40:06 PM »
 :D woohoo!! i`ve been banned, from a carvery pub type restaurant ,strange thing was i had already had a pint and i was at the bar getting another, i was quite thitsty, and the manageress came over to me to say "you can`t wear them in here"
so cos i`ve been brought up propper :laugh: i politly removed my hat and shades ;D

she didn`t see the funny side, then i was asked to leave cos "i`m not covered by insurance " i did ask her to have a look at the public liability insurance document cos use of stilts might be in the small print

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2007, 09:40:29 PM »
haha well m8 u should of said there calapers and u need them to walk then you are coverd on the insurance coz ur "disabled" But ciz your banned from somwere u can join us!! ;D

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2007, 10:33:13 PM »
HAHA sounds funny :D hus the crazy orange lady :P

well we are now banned from within a mile radius of p'boro...can't be bothered to relate story, but meh.... :)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2007, 12:27:28 AM »
how did you manage to get banned in p'boro bocking were u shudnt :P

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2007, 01:36:30 AM »
I think a lot of people are not taking these bans serious enough. Ok, a shop can decide that you are not safe on their premises (some tescos let us in, others dont) but being banned from areas of a town is damn right ludicrous!

These bans need to be challenged, in a calm and accurate manner of course.
Exactly who is banning you? The police, the council, the sheep etc?

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2007, 01:39:51 AM »
Sheep??  ???

Dark Knight

« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2007, 01:45:23 AM »
Sheep??  ???
They ask if they could bock here and all the sheep answered " Barr  barr .... barr "  :(

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2007, 01:47:39 AM »
Uncle Matts from Wales, sheep are important beings  :)

I think if you have been banned from a whole area you do need to take it up with someone, Talk to Q as he challenged a ban & got in touch with his local councillor and got a positive reply. Don't know the specifics but he will be able to help you guys.

Also I saw the video of when some of the EA Bockers were asked to leave a shopping Center and it was a shame as they were behaving extremely well.

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2007, 01:56:55 AM »
All I shall say about sheep, is that the last convicted 'person' was from Norwich (why do I have to be from around there!)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2007, 12:58:36 PM »
Its not only bad for the people who are banned but its bad for the whole sports image.
Imagine a newspaper doing an article on the sport. They call up the council to ask some questions and the only quote that gets published is "well we've had to ban them from the shopping centre already". Doesnt look good.

On a side note, I've got into one tescos by stretching the truth at the manager, saying that we've had written permission from the tescos group marketing directors assistant Gareth Evans and they tend to either let you in or tell you to take a run and jump.

Dealing with security guards can be an issue within shopping centres etc. I think as long as you are taking proper care (looking for wet patches and giving way to pedestrians) then they dont really have an argument but you need to keep it civil and not get carried away.

Dark Knight

« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2007, 02:39:30 PM »
Dealing with security guards can be an issue within shopping centres etc. I think as long as you are taking proper care (looking for wet patches and giving way to pedestrians) then they dont really have an argument but you need to keep it civil and not get carried away.
When I so kick out of Queen Gits ( Queens Gate ) the poor fat guard was red in the face and out of breath. I'd only walked about 200 yards inside or so !? Guards may think ( Well the one with brain ) that if you do something then they couldn't catch you !?

Offline dr. delicious

« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2008, 08:24:45 PM »
huzzah, i managed to remember my password, i got banned from pb centre at the pb meet, just wanted to say
klsjdbvlkjbvlkjb

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2008, 09:11:18 PM »
Most Councils have Sports Development Officers who sit under the leisure part of the council. These are good people to Know as they (generally) want to support all kinds of sport.

Most are looking for ways to engage young people who do not want to do "traditional" sport

Also make contact with your County Sports Partnership. all are slightly different but should be helpfull.

Both these organisations will provide support, particularly the Councils.

Talking to the right people can get you much further forward than resistance.

This unfortunately does not include the £5.00 per hour "security" guards
Grow old disgracefully

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2008, 10:11:13 PM »
In
I think a lot of people are not taking these bans serious enough. Ok, a shop can decide that you are not safe on their premises (some tescos let us in, others dont) but being banned from areas of a town is damn right ludicrous!

These bans need to be challenged, in a calm and accurate manner of course.
Exactly who is banning you? The police, the council, the sheep etc?

In regard to the peterborough episode, were were banned by the city wardens, ie the people who stand around in orange jackets, not doing much and looking important. Not sure how much power they have, but they were linked in to the people who monitor the cctv?

The first time, in the main square, a lady warden told us that we couldn't "bounce aroound like lunatics", and really got quite shirty, saying we could be charged with assault if we hit someone?  ??? then at the end she had the cheek to ask us where we got them from, being the helpful sole i am, i gave her a pro-jump info card :) So we left for other parts of the time, after having waited for ages for various latecomers.

After returning to look for DK who mysteriously disappeared  ;) we were around for quite a while and went to McD's etc. people asked us to bounce and show us what we could do, so we did, but us knowing what we are doing , on bocks etc, we did a few tricks, the people watching obviously were not stupid enough to stand underneath us, so they couldn't get hit. No one said anything, so we left again.

After doing some crate jumping in a deserted alley, with quite a crowd i may add, all cheering carl on (he eventually made the crates :D) we continued to just around a corner where there was a full police van and 4/5 cops, at first we were quite nervous, but as we got talking, saying how great PJ's are, they said they had no problems with us bouncing, as long as we knew we were safe, so we spent nigh on an hour around the police van, with them watching, (and we didn't get hassled by idiots once!)

By then it was the end of the day, and apart from the lady warden, we had had no critisism. We went back to the main square where she warned us, and continued doing what we had been doing earlier, in fact we got a really good group photo, and were attracting quite a crowd, but still not being dangerous. However as i was talking to some people, the lady warden returned with a rather (may i say chubby) set of reinforcements, and i didn't talk to them but they spoke to trixter, and the gist of it was, we wern't allowed within a mile of the square  ??? By then it was the end of the day and we had decided to leave, so it wasn't argued that much. We thought it was unfair, and having heard your arguments, it seems very unfair, i'm sure we will try and enquire as to what we can do to get the ban turned around however. any other comments/help?

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2008, 10:23:39 PM »
I didnt actually see any footage of this meet, but going by the one where you guys were asked to leave the shopping center I know you guys are sensible and wouldn't have brought it on yourself.

I think the wardens were having an off day, If the police didn't have a problem (I may be wrong but aren't they higher up & have more power?  ??? )I don't know why the wardens would.

I suggest talking to Q, he wrote to his councillor and got a nice reply back, I can't remember the specifics but I know it's something along the lines of they didn't see bockers as a hazard. Perhaps the EA's can do something similar.

I think its right to walk away from this and not to make a scene tbh as the last thing the sport needs is a bad image. The bad image may make them "Cooler" to have but wont be positive for the sport.

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2008, 10:52:54 PM »
I'm sure we will, Any advice Q? :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2008, 10:56:15 PM »
I am not sure if the wardens you are talking about are linked to the police or the council but a few thing apply here as far as I can tell

There are no laws in place regarding bocks and as they are human propeled (eg not motorized) they would come under the same heading as rollerskates etc (not bycicles as they are a vehicle) so unless you are on private ground (shopping centers, shops, car parks and even Trafalgar Sq when an event is on) you are not breaking any laws so it should only be an official that can move you on or ask you to leave a certain area (Police, council officer, and a few others that you are unlikely to meet)

If the area is private they can ask you to leave and even enforce it if you are (in their opinion) causing a disturbance of danger (both of which we could be classed as even when walking) but they cannot ban you from any distance from anywhere (only a court can do that)

The best bet would be to talk to the frienly police next time and ask their opinion and politely ask if they think any of your rights are being infringed and how the law stands on this matter then if you get a posative answer next time you run into the orange lady explain what the police have said and ask for them to be called to settle the dispute

But above all do not get irate or threatening in any way abide by what the police say and try to befriend them because if it happens to be a copper that you have chatted to that turns up he is going to see your side as well as hers

I don't know if anyone on here knows what sort of powers the local guardians have I know that the city angles in london have only the same powers that the average citizen has (you can make a citizens arrest if you see someone breaking the law but you can be taken to court if you injure them whilst doing so) you can also tell someone to desist from something that you think is dangerous but you are asking them and have no power to enforce it

It might be worth taking her name next time and then making a joint complaint against her for being over zelous and overstepping her powers once you make it official she will be less likely to bother you again as 10 or so people complaining about her won't make her bosses happy

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2008, 11:46:49 PM »
Update to members list

For latest update see here

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1510.0

keep joining we all need to be banned

Would anyone else like to join (just state your reason) 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 09:16:59 PM by Jason »

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2008, 11:52:14 PM »
I so totally love my reason, thank you Jason, sums me up :P

-Carma (The Bocking Rocker)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2008, 12:00:09 AM »
Thought you might It's been said of me in the past  ;D

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2008, 12:48:45 AM »
saying we could be charged with assault if we hit someone?

This is a true statement. You could be prosecuted for something if this happened. But, no more than a cyclist if they rode into someone or a skateboarder losing control and his skateboard hitting someone in the head.

It doesnt sound as though your ban was issued in writing and therefore unless its private property, it was someone feeding you a bunch of BS in the hope it might deter you and keep you from coming back.

My advice is to find out who she works for and write them a REALLY NICE letter. Explain about the sport, how it is growing and how it attracts people and go into as much detail as possible about the safety precautions you guys take when there is a crowd (we can all help with this).
Ultimately as long as you are taking all reasonable precautions and not going running or bouncing through a crowd then there is very little they can do...but as Jason says, dont ever get into a heated argument with them. You'd be better off taking their details and walking away and dealing with it later.

Dark Knight

« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2008, 12:59:59 AM »
Update to members list
so far we have as members of the Banned

Dark Knight     (For too many things to list here )

Too many things !?

I got kick out of Queens Gate on my second visit thank to the help of the rest of the group at the other end to the center ?
I not only DON'T get banned, I get place where others can't go ?
Working out in a Ladies only gym ( including THE changing room ).
Allowed to join the massage course ( 13 girls and me  :P )
Back stage at a Girls Aloud show ( No didn't get to meet them ... yet ) !?

So what do you mean TOO many things !?

« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 01:01:37 AM by Dark Knight »

Offline magzzie

• A little taste of the Bocker within
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2008, 01:23:58 AM »
Update to members list
so far we have as members of the Banned

Jason              (well I did start it)
Naz                 (she gets to be second as it's her forum)
chocl8             (For various crimes)
Sx Nutter        (For not killing anyone at uni )
magzzie          (I won't mention the word Gay  )
GRS                 (for only having a few grey hairs )
gillybert           (for telling us about KiyaBob's nickname)
Kiola                (Just for being so bl**dy good on bocks  )
Dark Knight     (For too many things to list here )
Paul-Self         (Banned for getting in the papers  )
tundraH          (For being taller and better looking than me  )
PINHEAD69     (Need I even give a reason he's to cool  )
TOM SAVAGE   (any relation to Doc Savage Tom)
hybrid hex       (well both of us like Terry Pratchett so his in  )
KiyaBob           (just for the nickname Kakapoopoo )
WM                  (for laughing at my jokes)
NoName           (any friend of magzzies is banned)
GRS                  (for kicking kneeling ladys)
Carma              (just for being Carma)
Aidanh1            (that much enthusiasm has to be banned)
Big Bad Boy Bounce  (for having a name that mucks up my list spacing)

keep joining we all need to be banned

well does anyone notice anything J is your sight going?? hahahaha

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2008, 05:15:39 PM »
lol GRS got so banned hes banned bocker twice  :thumbs: