Author Topic: Safety Gear - Wrist Guards & Helmets  (Read 13900 times)

Offline Lukey

Safety Gear - Wrist Guards & Helmets
« on: October 24, 2006, 04:38:25 PM »
One for Sales / Admin,

On the "Safety Gear" part of the website there are numerous hand protecting garments but I can say from experience that when you bail the first thing that hits the floor (9/10 times) are the palm of your hands / wrists. It begs the question, Why isnt there any wrist guard protection as such? Or do these gloves eg "DIXON GP RACING PREMIUM STYLE MX GLOVE" have armour sewn in?

Not that this is a blag for something free but I'd be happy to review these or the other gloves you offer so others can see "from an honest view" that these are (or are not) the best investment to buy into. I've just signed up to the "Web logs" section too in the hope that others can relate to my experience with your products.

Additional: Having discussed this with a colleague - to check "its not just me, is it?" - your website offers body armour which I feel is overkill, this is for stilts, not wrestling.

Additional 2: The photo competition offers the chance to "WIN A HELMET", why can't helmets be bought on the main site as normal?

Kind Regards,

Lukey
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 02:22:08 PM by Lukey »

Offline arthur

Re: Safety Gear - Wrist Guards & Helmets
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 10:49:54 PM »
Just to answer the question about the 'armour' that company also has other various websites for ddifferent sports and so they include some onf their stock.
like on the mini/midi moto website they have that armor.

check out http://www.swebounce.com/ for some great videos of  Mattias Lindström and more great info.... go check t out now !!!

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 12:46:39 AM »
Yeah I agree Luke about the wrist guards.

I think I read on here that the wrist guards are designed to stop you grazing or scraping your palms. WRONG!
Wrist guards have sturdy plastic that starts on your palms and bends around your wrist which means the plastic absorbs most of the impact so your wrist joints do not take the full force of the fall.

I'd say, along with a helmet, wrist guards are the most important safety kit of all. I was naive when I first went skating on a half pipe and paid the price with a broken arm. Wrist guards would have prevented that.
I think on the whole, elbow pads do have their uses but mainly prevent bruises and scr***es where as wrist guards and helmets stop you breaking bones. I do think maybe full armour maybe an idea for people attempting the 20mph sprints because at those speeds its not just a fall but a tumble since you dont dead. But you'd look like robocop so you decide! 8)

Offline psibeck

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 02:07:48 PM »
yeh i agree but with wrist guards be very careful.
i snowboard reguarly nd do comps nd stuff nd many times i hav sprained my wrist.
 ive faut about wrist gaurds but many experienced riders hav advised me not to invest as if u land hard enough (with a certain design) instead of brekkin ur wrist u can break ur lower arm! apparently!
this may be different with pro-jumpin but if i were you i would be careful with design choice.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 04:02:01 PM »
Hmm not heard that but maybe snowboarding falls are greater inpact. I spent £35 on my wristguards and they were the best in the shop. Money well spent in my opinion.
Also I think I'd rather a broken forearm than a broken wrist. Since the wrist is a joint it may be weaker when it heals, like a knee or something so it might cause problems for many years.

Offline Frumpet

• www.MySpace.com/TotalVoid
    • Total Void's MySpace
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 01:55:34 PM »
Wrist guards are high on my list of items to buy!
I agree with Matt, I'd rather break my forearm, with a somewhat simple fracture, than mangle up my wrist joint. Anyway, if the impact was great enough to break your forearm, I'd rather it did just that, rather than shatter my wrist to pieces  :(
"Alcoholism isn't an illness, it's a disease. Well, not a disease, more like an illness." - Paul Gascoigne

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 03:06:59 PM »
i wish we won a pair in the comp.. but ah well.. cant choose what you win.. oh wait we can this mounth ;)

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Offline Frumpet

• www.MySpace.com/TotalVoid
    • Total Void's MySpace
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 10:21:48 PM »
Hahaha yeah...well, second prize is safety gear...! First prize...money!! Woooo! Lol!
If that was the december comp prize we'd both be very happy now haha! Not that I'm not pleased with the pads, I could do with some actually!
"Alcoholism isn't an illness, it's a disease. Well, not a disease, more like an illness." - Paul Gascoigne

Offline Lukey

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 11:58:29 PM »
Still no news on Helmets or Wrist guards then?

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 08:26:14 AM »
Have you got a helmet Lukey?.....  ;)

Offline Lukey

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 04:32:52 PM »
Well if they were for sale.....

Offline jumpin jak

• Flippy!
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 09:25:01 PM »
im looking 4 a helmet nd wristies as im trying to jump over stuff so its my wrists that are gona take any big impacts...           :-[

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
  • ( a insane person laughing is always contageous..)
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 03:32:18 PM »
im looking 4 a helmet nd wristies as im trying to jump over stuff so its my wrists that are gona take any big impacts...           :-[

im trying to learn to jump over things its not as easy as it looks
Excue me while i try to nibble on my own ear

Offline jumpin jak

• Flippy!
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 04:35:32 PM »
yea i know...  but im getting there managed a 2ft bow the otherday :P

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 03:08:16 PM »
Hello All,

Pro-Jump.co.uk have noted your request for wrist guards and helmets for use with Pro-Jump and other stilts and they are currently in the pipeline. We are hoping to have some in stock within 6 weeks.

thank you.

Offline Bobro

• too much is not enough
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2007, 10:56:39 AM »
i know why you would think the full body armor is a bit overkill, but protecting your spine is a good idea. specialy if your out doors on pavement.
the day after tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life... that way you always have a day in hand

Offline danpne

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 11:30:06 AM »
As far as I know, the wristguards are now in stock!, just waiting for the pictures to be edited and descriptions uploaded to the website.

Dan

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: Safety Gear - Wrist Guards
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 12:24:20 PM »
hi all

As Dan said wrist guards are now in stock - for now we have them as part of a set include knee and elbow pads. They will be on the projump site later on today and are priced at £14.99 plus £4.00 delivery

Picture below - currently available in black or pink (I'll get a pic later of the wrist guard on too so you can see which areas it protects

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
  • ( a insane person laughing is always contageous..)
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2007, 01:21:57 PM »
Hello All,

Pro-Jump.co.uk have noted your request for wrist guards and helmets for use with Pro-Jump and other stilts and they are currently in the pipeline. We are hoping to have some in stock within 6 weeks.

thank you.

thank YOU....
Excue me while i try to nibble on my own ear

Offline woodsy_1984

• Love it
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 01:20:49 PM »
just out curiosity are u going to supply the plastic inserts seperately because after falling more than a couple of times i can see the plastic wearing away very quickly?and if not can anyone suggest were to et hold of these plastice inserts? :)
Cheers
Dan

Offline danpne

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2007, 12:03:16 AM »
Hi Dan,

The plastic inserts are already available from Pro-Jump, I dont think they are on the website, but just give us a call and we can sort you something out (01772) 792600

Dan