Author Topic: thinking of booking a gym hall.  (Read 1877 times)

Offline lurchenstien

thinking of booking a gym hall.
« on: November 12, 2007, 02:09:03 PM »
I'm with the ryde extreme performers, have only recently started with them. I dont know if they book any gym hall for practise, so tonight when practising fire arts,  I am going to put the idea to the guy that runs R.E.P.

If it turns out that they dont hire a place to bock indoors, and the guy likes the idea, does anyone have any tips on what to say to the person on the phone at the gym to get a yes out of them and secure a venue?

I've searched this forum, and not found much. I have noted that the foot of the PJ's would mark the floor, and the precautions, and that is basicly all I found. So, anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks.

L.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: thinking of booking a gym hall.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 02:51:16 PM »
Ok with gyms its a hit and miss depends who the manager is and if they have a prob or not. Becky took a Pro-Jump info card in to show the gym and they let her use it so sometimes just giving them info about what the stilts are etc really helps.

About marking the floor theres a few things:
1. Some tyresocks don't mark them
2. Try using actual trainers on the sole of your Pro-Jumps (Ask Q and he will show you his look dead cute hehe)
3. Some floors are carpeted so even popping a real sock over them helps!

Offline lurchenstien

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 03:19:49 PM »
Cool, cheers Naz.

Lol, I hadn't clocked the info-card's.

L.

Offline lurchenstien

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 06:25:47 PM »
Asked the guy lastnight if the Ryde Extremes rent out a hall, and they dont. He has booked the trampoline's and harness at a local school for sometime next year.

I'm not waiting that long to learn stuff, and i'm not renting a hall on my own, so i'm gonna get a few mattresses, shut the daft rabbit out of the way, and learn in the garden.

L.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 07:47:56 PM »
arggg typed loads and pc died grrr

Right we have a regular session in bournemouth and guys at mo trying to find places in Dorchester and Southampton. Sadly Ive just heard that the 101 teams gym in Portsmouth has closed ( gonna become a john lewis)

Check if there are any parkour clubs on island ( google) see if they use a gym . If they do it will be a place used to street/alternative sports  so door will be 1/2 open there.

Yes they get iffy about the floors so good to have some stock answered ready ( makes it seem like you know what you are doing and opens the door a lil wider). a/ cricket mat ( but restricts you to a narrow area), b/ sox on hooves -secured by elastic bands  but no good on shinny/slippy floors, c/ simply lace some trainers on . Our gym needs none and the floor seems OK, tho Jasons hoofies did mark it  :-\  If still no, well ask them if they could reccomend somewhere that might say yes, cant hurt.

What do you want/need?

Badmington court area is min ( we pay 4 1 but get 2  ;D)
2x big think blue gymnastic crash mats ( more nicer we typically have 4)
Trampette for off bock training
Basketball --light relief
Vaulting horse- vaulting over and jumping onto
Balance beams ( we used a couple 50cm high -with mat 1 side great for jmp training)
This is in order of importance and Im sure there are other bits a pieces that can be used --just see what a place has and use your imagination.

If you get problems  we will all see if we can help -then the solution is available for others. If you get a gym ,stil come back --but with videos;o0

Who knows you might get some of the JJ's come and visit in the new year  we live pompy soton and dorset  and some are getting itchy to visit other places and groups ;D

« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 07:50:35 PM by Bbmthbloke »