Author Topic: My heels are getting blisters  (Read 3418 times)

Offline Cusicusi

My heels are getting blisters
« on: November 17, 2007, 04:58:47 PM »
I am 16 about 11 and a half stone and i use the middle sized jump stilts. Everytime i get on them i cant jump that high but especially after 5 mins my heels start to rub and hurt, after say 10-15 mins they blister and pop (quite sore and off stilts for a few weeks). Any suggestions thx

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: My heels are getting blisters
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 05:01:33 PM »
What kind of shoes do you wear when you are using your Pro-Jumps?

Offline Cusicusi

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 05:03:51 PM »
i use k swiss, i thought it might be the shoes but had no reason for it, the backs on them are fine and i lace them up tight.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 05:08:42 PM »
1st  not jumping high ( if you could  a vid would be good). But 1st off make sure you land on your heels and not balls of your feet ( as you would normal jumping).That way your body is in line witth your hooves. You will then jump upwards and with more control  thus get higher. If you land on the balls, you tend to tip foreward, so will not jump so high or be under so much control. Also  dont look str8 down, will bend the body over and again cause you to jump forewards.

As for heal? not heard anyone complain of this. Have you tried different shoes? Alot of peeps use sk8 shoes that have quite a bit of padding.

Have a think about them, come back if im on the wrong track

Offline Cusicusi

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 05:12:23 PM »
Thanks for the advice and quick responces, just one more thing till i try it out, how much would i benifit if i were to go up to adult stilts as these are my lil bros who is 14?

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 05:24:24 PM »
Can you check what weight you are using, there should be a number at the bottom of your spring, where the foot is.

You should be using at least 80kgs or better would be 90Kg ones.

Also just noticed you mentioned you have middle sized one, the stilts come in either kids versions or Adult versions - If you have the kids type you really shouldn't be using them as ur too big :D but if you have the adult ones & the correct weight they should be ok for you - remember height comes with technique and that can only be achieved with practice!

below are pics showing the two models:

Offline Cusicusi

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 05:30:02 PM »
They are kids 60Kg so guess i better start saving :D, it might even be the size giving me blisters. Thanks for all your help

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 05:31:52 PM »
yep i fear the advise given was for the junior. Indded at 11 Kg if you tried to bounce as i adviced ---you might well brake a spring ( then you would need to save even harder ;D)

Hope you do get the money together   its a fab laff

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 05:35:21 PM »
ohhhh yep get saving  :o
and dont use your bro's you are likely to break them  :-\

We have a comp going I'm going to change it slightly so people without stilts who really want them can enter too  :)