Author Topic: The Journey home 16/11/07  (Read 9318 times)

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
The Journey home 16/11/07
« on: November 18, 2007, 12:10:23 PM »
Well where do i start with this post ! Ok we finally managed to drag Jonny away from these Scottish girls, he was trying to get friendly with at Trafalgar square around 5:45 pm. We then headed for the tube. We finally got to are stop after about 45 minutes and headed for Carl's car, everything was going smoothly so we thought we would stop for a quick Maccy D's Carl decided to park in 2 spaces and we headed in and ate, after a few remarks were made about a certain blonde waitress and then a conversation about condoms we headed back towards the car and continued on our journey.

After a few miles we started playing with the power ball including Carl who was driving the car we passed Stansted  airport and took the back roads towards Haverhill.

All of a sudden Carl said my clutch as gone we all thought he was joking and carried on for a mile or 2. All of a sudden every time Carl turned left their was a horrible grating sound ( i have got a recording when i can find a AMR to mp3 converter)

we continued driving / being very scared in 3rd gear doing around 5000+ revs at 50 miles an hour. We had then got into Haverhill after about 30-40 mins of driving like this, at the first set of traffic lights their was a small judder and we managed to get going again. At the second set of lights we juddered 3 or 4 times and nothing happened except a extremely loud noise and all i remember is Carl shouting hit the hazard lights, we finally got it going again and after a few more loud judders we continued on towards Bury St Edumnds.

When we got close to Bury St Ed it suddenly loomed on us to get to the train station we had to stop at a fair few traffic lights, we managed to get few 1/2 sets as they were green as well pulled up to a + junction they went red and their was a ton of o f*** language when they finally went green and Carl went to pull away they was a almighty Shudder and the car had completely died he managed to free roll into a BP garage where we all got out to inspect the car.

After a few minutes Carl got onto the floor and looked under the car!

As you can see his drive shaft had fell out practically and their was a random spring on the floor Carl went inside and asked the BP man for some tissue and then picked the spring up, we were then told we could put the car over the other side of the four court till the day after.

After a lot of pushing we finally managed to get it over the other side where we called for a taxi to get me and Jonny to the train station and Carl and billy called for a mate to take them back to Clare ( who apparently according to Carl one best kept village / town in 2006 )

whilst we were waiting for our lifts we had a bit of fun so here are some more random pictures starting with Carl calling a taxi

Me and Jonnys taxi arrived so we said are goodbyes and thought our ordeal would be over, we then got to the train station to catch the 9:25 we arrived at 9:00 at around 9:20 over the tanoy the 9:25 to Ipswich via Stowmarket will be delayed 45 minutes after a lot more swearing we decided to get another taxi which finally got us into Stowmarket but cost us another 18:50

It was possibly the most fun ride home ive had and props to Carl for keeping us on the road and for his hillariously funny horn that he kept horning at girls as we drove past.

BRING ON CARDIFF

Wow my longest post like every and cheers if u read all the way down to here =)

Offline Billy D

Re: The Journey home 16/11/07
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 12:15:29 PM »
 :D Really was the funniest thing... Carl still hasnt fixed it though :(

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 12:18:36 PM »
its kinda sorted.....i fixed my driveshaft but now my car revs like mad wen not in gear so im now going outside to have a fiddle see what i can do but yes paul you have summed uop our drive home perfectly

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 12:20:41 PM »
Well done lads cheerful faces and lots of swearing in the face of adversity glad you all got home and good luck with the repairs Carl

Trust you to get it all on camera Paul I recon you will be the next David Baily (on bocks could make some great wildlife vids  ;D)

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 12:24:21 PM »
lol at times like that you just have to get the camera out :)

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 01:20:48 PM »
Will it survive the journey to P'boro? theres an awful lot of traffic lights on the way there too.... :D

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 01:32:24 PM »
didnt realise ur car was tht bad if u need a ride to pbourgh gimmie a shout m8

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 01:41:10 PM »
well i have fixed it.....(if ramming a big bolt in the engine to hold it in place is fixing it)

but yeh rob a lift to p'borogh wud b awesome will sort u out petrol money or w/e but im sure it will b me and billy if thts k

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 03:27:52 PM »
I love the way you all got these big smiles still  ;D

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 03:31:31 PM »
yea u n billys kl m8 cnt wait for the next meet me n sx have a small suprrise for evry1 aswell lol

Offline Nikki Summers

• my myspace
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 04:39:59 PM »
OMG!!
What an ending.
funny as hell though.

Nikki X

HIRERISERS FIRST WALK IN POWERBOCK HIRE SHOP IN THE WORLD!!
24A THE STRAND,BUDE, CORNWALL,ENGLAND! EX23 8RA
Opening Hours - Everyday - 10am-10pm - Unless wet!

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 07:01:22 PM »
Yeh was hillarious but at the same time kinda scary on the ride home lol especially when Carl says were now coming up to the corner where i crashed before

Offline Tok

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 08:00:49 PM »
Haha nice one guys! Good to see you we're all still smiling! And like Paul-self said, you just gotta get the camera out!

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2007, 10:24:28 PM »
yup the car is fixed and driveable have driven it all night seems fine so im hoping that big bolt will do it!

but yeh trixster whats the big suprise......is it a xmas prezzie 4 us all?

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2007, 11:10:44 PM »
carl did you run over a elephant how the hell did you manage to brake your driveshaft off :P

that was a very funny post ;D hope u guys can post some more of your journeys so we can all have another laugh :P

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Rocketbat

• i have bocks! muhahahahaa!
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 10:51:28 PM »

"well thares yer problem"