Author Topic: younger bockers  (Read 11857 times)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
Re: younger bockers
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2007, 05:57:26 PM »
Ha
Ive seen so many things that discreminate against young adults

but as soon as I start we get moaned at! :o

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2007, 06:02:47 PM »
@ Aidan - I think Quentins actually trying to stick up for you young guns here  :)

@ Quentin - I think Aidan was only joking on the younger bockers only meet  ;)

The issue with the Bocking Booze cruise (B.B.C) & under 18's has already been discussed and the reasonings & debate can be found here: http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1297.45

There's a for / against debate, both of which raise valid points, however thanks for Sprog & the rest of you that are organising, there is an alternative trip to Paris that is also allowing Under 18's to be involved as well.

I know how strongly you feel about this one Quentin, but Carma feels just as strongly so for the sake of peace, please can we let it be...

In the future, I promise any meet that restricts anyone, will be looked into throughly before it is publicised on the forum, however I will be letting the B.B.C stay as it's well into the planning stage now and a lot of people are interested.

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2007, 07:59:58 PM »
Go NAZ  :D

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2007, 08:06:50 PM »
Peace has been restored :P

k naz and i wasnt saying the BBC trip should be stopped anyone going on that trip should enjoy there day/night out ;D

and to set record Age discrimination law applies to every employer and worker in Great Britain. As an employer, you need to understand how it affects your organisation and what you need to do to meet your legal obligations

thts Age discrimination
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 08:10:01 PM by aidanh1 »

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Dark Knight

« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2007, 09:02:23 PM »
In the future, I promise any meet that restricts anyone, will be looked into throughly before it is publicised on the forum, however I will be letting the B.B.C stay as it's well into the planning stage now and a lot of people are interested.
Bocking is a great leveler young/old,  boys/girls ( people who can spell/those who carnt  ;D ) . WE'ER bockers !
Any meet that say's sorry but X people can't join then we should all ask Y  :)

Y, why can't X come ?  ;D

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2007, 11:17:57 AM »
i think a modicum of understanding is needed from both sides of the argument.
the b.b.c is a special interest meet where the bockers are looking to get drunk, go to a berlsque(sp?) club and do some adult thing's, nobody wants to miss out to make sure younger members are still enjoying themselfs doing something else supervised.
Some may say thats selfish, why?
these people are spending over £200 each  to go on this trip, so you can understand they wanna do it their way.
on the subject of younger meets, i agree you should be able to organise something that in the same way would be verry good fun and very interesting for you guys, if you could find a reason that older members were not welcome im sure they would understand, the b.b.c involves alcohol, travel to a foregin land and the potential to break yourself, im just not so sure you can think up valid reasons for your agrument.
yes it isnt the most p.c. meet, but you'll get that in life, somethings just aint fair.
how about you organise your younger bockers meet, play the bigger men and say everyones welcome to come mc donalds or where ever you young'uns hang out these days. ;D

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline GRS

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2007, 11:47:48 AM »
Well said Nero, However if you Young Guns do exclude us oldies we will sit on you all  ;D
Only Kidding :)

I think Naz is right on this one, For the sake of peace everyone needs to move on!

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2007, 01:32:24 PM »
Lol, I am simply not PC. LMFAO, I never will be HAHAHA! But I completely agree with Aidan, however, I am currently trying to think up ways to have more 'minor' friendly meets.

One thing I have one big question mark over is how to reassure the parents that the event/group is properly marshalled.

Thanks to Aidan arising this point I am going to be investigating something related to the PLI cover I intend to get for the IB's. Which will incorporate a letter I can send to the parents making them aware of the precautions and safety proceedures I have in place to make it more of a child safe and friendly event. Example being that the Police Station is only a minute away, the fact that they are aware we are there on that day, and having insurance.

I am not sure if this will help matters but I am most certainly going to investigate it.

-Carma (The Bocking Rocker)

Dark Knight

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2007, 01:43:24 PM »
how about you organise your younger bockers meet, play the bigger men and say everyones welcome to come mc donalds or where ever you young'uns hang out these days. ;D

I love the odd BigMc ( bocking through the drive-thru LOL ) I'm the the youngest one here either !?  ;D

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2007, 02:06:42 PM »
disclaimers for the win!

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”