Author Topic: Springies A mod to far ??  (Read 3953 times)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Springies A mod to far ??
« on: December 12, 2007, 09:26:33 PM »
Right Lads and Lasses I've had a good run of luck in the inventing way recently so thought it only fair to share my less sucessful one

I started bottoming out my PJ's and instantly thought how can I strengthen the springs

Well the pics below will explain better than I can the result was a slight increase in spring weight and it made no diference to the way they worked so you could say it was a sucess in a way

The problem was I couldn't physically get enough bungee on them to make enough of a difference there might be a way of say upping a set of 120's to about 130 if I made up a special sling but not worth it

Now back to the drawing board  ;D

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: Springies A mod to far ??
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 09:44:39 PM »
did you try attaching some more bungee bit higher up? using the frame holes to hold it in place?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 11:00:34 PM »
I did think about it Naz but I wasn't sure about putting so much stress on that bit of alloy as it's about 40% holes for lightness
it would probably make a lot of difference to the spring weight if I could get about 3 times the amount of bungee

But then I got my new springs  ;D which sort of distracted me  ;)

Hopefully over Christmas I might get time to make up the bearings for the new frames then I will try again

If I end up with the fire brigade extracting me from a 20ft tree due to this I'll blame you for encouraging me Naz  ;) :laugh:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 12:28:41 AM »
ok no problem!  ;D

Dark Knight

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 01:52:17 AM »
Jason wants more power  :o
I think an self dailing phone on them would be usefull MOD !?  ;D

I like the idea but there's some problems i think you'll have to work out !?
The frame is designed to take a vertical load not horizontal so you'd have to reinforce the frame and take that into acount.
If you don't balance the bungee rope long the the length of the spring you'd could end up with pressure pionts on the spring.
The spring curves so the bungee in the middle would need to give more other wise the springs middle will not bend making then less flexable ?

We are both trying to make big spring bocks ! Divergent Technology LOL
Good luck Jason.  :)

Offline XS

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 02:45:41 AM »
i've been told that this can work, i was talking to a pro, Stuntman on the 'other forum', at a meet and he said one of his fellow performers snapped his PowerSkip springs and took out a pair of PoweriSers, strapped on some bungee cords on it and was jumping higher than he was with the skips

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 03:00:52 AM »
I remember someone else doing it too maybe kevin, sure there was a vid too but couldnt find it  :-\

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 03:13:46 AM »
looked a bit harder, similar idea but applied in diffferent way

here you go  ;)

Dark Knight

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 09:14:05 AM »
Like I was saying !? Middle of the spring moves more and that's where they've put the bungee  :)

Jason's new product " Springgees "  ;D

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 10:57:08 AM »
ah i remember you telling me about this in london :P

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 02:32:36 PM »
this is why i love the community on this forum, i have been seeing lots of flaws in Mr Bocks design, mostly the amount of pain i go through while using them :'(
but them you get people like Jason who see the fault and get to work on it quickly, your a credit to the community Jason, as is  every other inventive member who make the sport easier.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”