Author Topic: which ones??  (Read 4329 times)

olliestev

which ones??
« on: October 30, 2006, 01:40:13 PM »
hi everyone thanks for reading!!

i wont to get some of these but not sure which model. im around 6ft 2 and weigh about 11.12 stone i think and i am hoping to grow a bit more as im only 15 so i was wondering whether to get the 70 or 80 or 90. (i think i should grow to be about 6'4"+ as i am already 6'2")

Can anyone help?

thanks!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 02:11:49 PM by olliestev »

Offline Lukey

Re: which ones??
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 12:20:00 AM »
I'm 12stone, just hit 70kg and I'm using 70-90's , this allows any growth to happen without caining the springs.

If you buy below your weight bracket it'll be harder to get a bounce, if you buy over your weight bracket you'll bottom out and maybe even snap the spring. More likely to bottom out though and do yourself in than break.

olliestev

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 05:08:33 PM »
why is it better to get ones which are harder to bounce and also why is it harder to bounce?

Offline arthur

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 10:38:38 PM »
lukey dont you meen if you get ones too weak for yourself you will bottom out and maybe snap the spring.

and if you buy ones stronger than your weight guideline you will find it harder to get a bounce.

check out http://www.swebounce.com/ for some great videos of  Mattias Lindström and more great info.... go check t out now !!!

Offline jumpin jak

• Flippy!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 05:29:45 PM »
hey all,
i just ordered my first pair of pro jumps i got 60kg ones and i weigh 55kg. i herd its best to get the ones up from your weight. cant wait untill they arrive!   jack :P ;D

Offline pro-jumpingboy

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 05:39:23 PM »
I think you should have gone for the next model up (70's) as your probably going to grow into them and you might bottom out on your new jumps. anyway, good luck bockin!
Luke

Offline jumpin jak

• Flippy!
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 06:03:44 PM »
yea i thaught about it but couldnt decide. if i start groundin out, cn i replace the springs with the stiffer ones? is that the only difference between adult models? cheers jak  ???

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 07:13:33 PM »
Welcome to the forum mate.

I'd have gone for the 70 ones too.  I weigh 58kg and I can bottom out the 70 ones when I'm running hard.

Offline jumpin jak

• Flippy!
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 11:56:11 PM »
cheers its by far best site around.
i ordered 60s nt 70s worried nw :( what about the springs cn i put stiffer 1ns if i start groundin out?
jack :)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 12:36:22 AM »
Dont go worrying yourself about it. You can replace the springs but I think they cost £80 (i dont know if thats per pair or each).

Unless you have years experience as an acrobat there is no chance in hell you'll be bottoming out on them right out the box or even within the first few weeks. I cant guarantee that, but if you do find they are not suitable then you can always contact projump and see what they say.

Are u on msn jack?

Offline jumpin jak

• Flippy!
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 04:34:50 PM »
ok cheers,
yea i am my pc has a few problems atm feel free to add me. its jack--jack--jack@hotmail.co.uk.
no`one1 was in wen they were delivered : (
jack >:(

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 04:41:33 PM »
You didnt wait in for them???!!!

Offline jumpin jak

• Flippy!
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 10:17:55 PM »
school... and matron wasnt bothered if i was "ill"  :P
dad gona pick em up 2moz.  every1 cross there fingers 4 desent wether at the weekend. any tips on starting? 
jack ;D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 10:23:02 PM by jumpin jak »

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 11:45:54 PM »
dont fall over lol.

no seriously, take it easy. Use a wall or something you can lean on to for your first few steps. Dont try to learn to do tricky things until you have mastered the basics.

WEAR PADS!

Offline jumpin jak

• Flippy!
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2007, 04:53:43 PM »
ok thx for the tips. its raining so looks like ill have to find somewhere inside to learn... i usually pick stuff up fairly fast so i hope ill be ok.
jack      ;D dad will come home with them l8er!