Author Topic: Botteming out - alternative to buying a new pair?  (Read 4507 times)

Offline FishTricks

Botteming out - alternative to buying a new pair?
« on: December 30, 2007, 07:41:43 PM »
Hi all, basically i got a pair of powerisers today but being me i was too exited about going on them to take any notice of the weight (just went for the adult ones), they are 50-70kg and im 75 :o
I got them from a market with no recipt or anything the guy i bought them off told me i could exchange them if they didnt work but not get my money back.. So i was just wondering is there any way to tighten the spring or somthing?? I feel it botteming out when i run  >:( >:( and im looking to try some flips  in the futre.. So yeah is there a way to stop it bottoming out without buying a new pair? If worst comes to worst i can ring up the man i bought them from or sell them on ebay but i really would prefer not too... Thanks
Mike

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
Re: Botteming out - alternative to buying a new pair?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 07:44:51 PM »
Ok, first things first, are they PoweriSers or PoweriZers? Lots of people make this mistake to start with. PoweriZers pretty common place so I would have thought you have them if you bought them from a market. Although I wouldnt trust the refund thing.

-Carma (The Bocking Rocker)

Offline FishTricks

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 07:51:22 PM »
well on the box they are acually called skyrunners ... lol the man called them poweris/zers but im not sure if it has a z or s.. argh. Is there anyway of telling by looking at them?

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 08:01:43 PM »
Hi

Firstly welcome to the forum :)

Regards to your stilts  I would suggest that you go for the next size up as the ones you have will be no use to you and there's no way round it sadly! This would be the case for any brand!

Also About Skyrunners...

If you are in the UK, and you brought them from a UK market - They are illegal and therefore I would go back to the place you brought them from and tell them if you don't get your money back you will be getting the trading standards onto him as they are not allowed to be sold in the UK, you should also email webmaster@powerskip.de (who are the patent holders) and tell them exactly where you purchased them as they would like to ensure that no illegal trader trades in the UK.

Why are they illegal?

The jumping stilts are a patented product, therefore all sellers in the UK must pay royalties to sell them, this ensures quality control and also gives something back to the inventor.

In the UK skyrunners are illegal as the patent holder has not granted "Skyrunners" a right to sell them. Also Skyrunners are said to be of a lower quality than other stilts available, some get a good pair others are very low quality - it seems to be pot luck.

Hope this helps  ;)

Offline FishTricks

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 08:29:57 PM »
Illegal eh... ah.
It seems a shame because  the guy i bought them from seemed so nice etc... meh.
So ill speak to him next week at the market to get my money back they are all scratched though...
Thanks for the reply anyway ;D

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 08:35:44 PM »
No problem...

You need to make sure you open the box & check them out as well next time, esp make sure the frame is ok - see this topic for more info: http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1438.0

Offline FishTricks

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 08:43:04 PM »
Ahh thanks.. thats a bummer.. do you think its likely that the man that sold them to me knew they were illegal?
When/if i get my money back ill get my next pair from here  8)

Edit: i read your post in the other topic and you said "In the UK only about 5 importers are allowed to sell this product and are legal," what are the chances he is one of those 5? Not high but would there be anyway to tell?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 08:45:37 PM by FishTricks »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 08:55:21 PM »
I can 100% tell you his not one of the legal sellers  ;)

Only the following brands are currently legal in the UK.
Pro-Jump
PoweriZer
Fly Jumper
PoweriSer
7leagues

Can I ask how much you paid for them? If you paid significantly lower than £135 then you are fine, however if you paid higher than that I'd say you were ripped off considering we sell Pro-Jumps at £135 inc delivery  ;)

Whether the seller knew he was illegal.. I'm not sure, if he imported them himself then it's highly likely but if he managed to get a few from someone to make a few bob I doubt he knows much about them to be honest.

Offline FishTricks

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 09:04:38 PM »
I paid £95, the actual product is quite good apart from the wrong weight (which is my fault ;D)
I got them from blackbush market if you have heard of it..

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 09:07:23 PM »
Yeah I think I have heard of it its not too far from London?

Offline FishTricks

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 09:14:57 PM »
Yeah south of london in hampshire... I have a plan for getting my money back ill tell you how it goes next week :laugh:
But ill still train with them during the last week of school holidays to try and get a few tricks before i get rid of them..

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 09:24:56 PM »
If you planning on giving them back I wouldn't use them inbetween  ;)

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 09:28:45 PM »
If you use them you will stand no chance of being able to get a refund.

-Carma (The Bocking Rocker)

Offline FishTricks

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 09:33:57 PM »
yeah true so tempting though, so funnn.
I dont know how i got so many scratches on the first day though, the rubber covering the curved leg thing (whats it called?) is peeling off.
ill clean them and pack them back up then :)