Author Topic: Knee pads  (Read 6126 times)

Offline Wontolla

Knee pads
« on: January 07, 2008, 03:13:59 PM »
Three questions...

What's the difference between the 'Bionic' and 'standard' knee pads in the PJ store? (the photo's don't show much)

What's the advantage of the 'Bionic' (if any)?

... and why do you need pads with shinguards rather than just the knee caps/donuts?

Offline KentLee

• FREEDOM BOCKER!!!!
Re: Knee pads
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 03:25:29 PM »
i think the bionic pads have more give to them. where as the normal one's might be to tough and dont bend with your body....
Freedom bocking. no ties to any clubs but friends with them all. this is the way forward.....

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 03:56:04 PM »
they also go under the knee bar to fill the gap up a bit if you have it better than others

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 04:03:27 PM »
The bionic ones are shaped differently they have a bit more flex and padding however the shape is not as good for use with the Pro-Jumps. The Pit Dirt ones are shaped much better and provide a better fit than the bionic ones when used with the Pro-Jumps.

Theres two reasons why knee/shin pads are better than just the normal knee pads. Firstly they stay in place better, and also "fill the gap" of the knee hope. Secondly they will prevent you from scraping your shins esp if you fall on steps etc.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 04:22:10 PM »
Pit dirt.. that is what I meant :banghead:

Offline Wontolla

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 05:55:55 PM »
Thanks everyone.

The Bionics look nicer in the photo's but I had an idea they wouldn't suit PJs as well as the others. Now.... do I need to ditch the donuts and protect my shins ??? :rolleyes:

Dark Knight

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 06:37:39 PM »
Thanks everyone.

The Bionics look nicer in the photo's but I had an idea they wouldn't suit PJs as well as the others. Now.... do I need to ditch the donuts and protect my shins ??? :rolleyes:

If you mean the foam ? No ! Just slip the shin/knee pad behind them, they make a tighter fit for the leg.
by the way you can either wrap the straps just around your leg or around the frame too !  :thumbs:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 07:09:47 PM »
This is what DK means about wrapping it round the frame...

or you can just wear them the normal way around your legs!

Offline zefee

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 07:40:55 PM »
This is what DK means about wrapping it round the frame...

or you can just wear them the normal way around your legs!
no elbow pads, tut tut, setting a bad example of safety here!
hehe, I bought bionic ones, there nice, and they fit well (well i found that) and they do fill in the gap, which makes it feel more sturdy, only problem i have is the foot plate, feels dodgy, cos my feet go over the end, and i can feel the difference^^

zef

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 01:25:54 PM »
You cant see the back of the pads in the picture. Do they both go on the same. Some pads just have the straps, whereas others slip over your foot before pulling them up your knee (as well as straps).

Their conformity to pro-jumps aside, which pads are really better. Say you were buying them for skating or snow-boarding or something, so it didn't matter how they filled out the knee bar. Which pads provide the most impact protection, allow the greatest flexibility and can withstand repeated falls?
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.