Author Topic: Behaviour on your stilts ( Don't get us banned )  (Read 9422 times)

Dark Knight

Behaviour on your stilts ( Don't get us banned )
« on: January 08, 2008, 12:01:28 AM »
As a rule I don't enter shops/buildings on my stilt but I have a couple of times.
These are the rules I go by are :-

1) Do I need to wear my stilts in the shop
2) Have they stopped me before 
3) Is the shops busy ?
4) Will I find walking around easy without knocking into things (No clutter).
5) Are the staff smiling at me (a good sign)

Remember that when you have been allowed it to a building the key word is respect.
Respect any rules they may ask, like don't bounce or running.
Respect others don't push in or block their way.
Respect where you are. I've been allowed in a church and walked/bocked slowly around keeping the noise of my hoofs down.

If you are told that you cannot enter or asked to leave don't blow your top just and ask nicely for their reasons. Maybe once you've chatted they'll may feel happier to let you enter, but if not bock away?

It is far easer to get banned than it is  to be allowed somewhere.
If you get banned then WE ALL GET BANNED so please mind your behaviour . Keep Bocking a friendly.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 12:19:24 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline day1988

Re: Behaviour on your stilts ( Don't get us banned )
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »
I like that.

We have a new sport to introduse to the country and while most people see the awww in the bocks alot of people see the "health and saftey"

I must say though about asking why you are not alowed the answer will be and underlined HEALTH AND SAFTEY lol

They love that because it could mean anything lmao

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 05:48:38 PM »

I must say though about asking why you are not alowed the answer will be and underlined HEALTH AND SAFTEY lol

well i can say that health and saftey is easy to hide behind when most poeple dont understand what they need to do etc

Offline Rodamus_Zero

• X-Bocks
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 06:11:30 PM »
Common sense really comes into play when on stilts, Id like to bock around/inside a bus/train station, but I thought to myself it would be in everyones best interests if I wasnt on them in case I did fall over.

Crowded place... hard to bock as it is, but you could accidently step on someones foot, and having an extra 4kgs or so press down would annoy anybody.

Take wider corners, Ive had it a few times when people are in that vegative shopping zombie like state and dont know whats going on only to bump into you on the turn of a corner.

Going into shops and whatnot, Ive found it to be more polite to take them off and then walk in (Ive got a Bock Lock now }:]) As, well, as any bocker knows, you cant stand still and I think its rude to not be on the same "level" as someone when you need to talk to them, let alone standing still as a curtosy.

Self awareness. Like when drivers slow down for horses and other "on" road animals, I found that people often said thank you when I simple stopped when ever they came by or up to you with a dog/child/pram etc. (Theres been a few times where Ive almost stepped on a dog and a few kids running around).

Also, In the interest of indesent exposure, keep your shirts on  :scool:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 11:14:46 PM by Rodamus_Zero »
Tell Them, Zero is Here.
Team Member of x-b

Dark Knight

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 01:39:57 PM »
Also, In the interest of indesent exposure, keep your shirts on  :scool:
A never strip down to a mankin ( DIOB LOL )