Author Topic: B Bounce  (Read 13477 times)

Offline stevie

B Bounce
« on: January 10, 2008, 02:57:52 PM »
We formed over 2 years ago as the only display team in the UK, we train at our gym in Bradford, hence the name B bounce, also some of our team are break dancers  B for bounce, and Bock for B Bounce, although we train in Bradford some of our members live as far away as the southcoast and join us for training as and when they can ie Kiola, Claire From Bradford,the first girl in the UK to do a front flip, most of us live in the Leeds area, West Yorkshire and Lancashire, we train HARD and regular, we are often in the media eye, tv etc, and will feature in a new tv comercial to be shown any time now which we shot last october for Puma, we apeared on Granada reports, look north, Jonathon Ross, Britains got talent, and many more, plus magazines and radio,

Our gym is independant and i am a key holder,so we train when we want, its perfect for bocking, with hight, size, foam pit, and spring floor, people are always welcome to train with us, and join our team/group/organisation, we have a great deal of respect for Projump as they were with us from day one and helped us when we needed it, and realy helped to promote Powerbocking, so thankyou Adam and the team at Projump.

We will be holding another meet very soon, i will post it shortly.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 03:55:49 PM by stevie »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: B Bounce
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 03:10:02 PM »
Hi Stevie, here's the link to add the Bradford gym to the Friend Bock gym list http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1020.0

For some of you that don't know Stevie, his part of the first pro-jump display team that were featured in the videos I posted last month. Loads of bockers have visited the gym in bradford and if its near by its really worthwhile going down!

Offline choco bean

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 04:43:20 PM »
I might go down. I live in Bradford but i only have junior  :PJ1: so cant do flips. To be honest i can't even bounce yet. But i can run on them.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

Dark Knight

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 05:07:15 PM »
I live in Boston and it maybe look as that far on a map don't there no main route to you and it's 160 miles  :-\
But I'd up come and have a go in your gym, I can't flip ( never tried being a Tiger ) being 110Kg normal spring could break !
But I'd love to bring Fusion to show you and maybe we could see what it can do   :Dark_Knight:

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 06:42:49 PM »
are there many hotels or b&bs in bradford i wanna come down and train with u guys 4 a day but if i do its a 3 hour drive there and 3 back so cud i stay up there the night before and drive home that night cheers stevie i really wanna learn to flip and cant do it here as i have nowhere

Carl

Offline stevie

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 06:50:47 PM »
Carl, there are many cheap B&B in Bradford, your welcome to come up and train, sometimes we have sleepover at the gym,

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 07:00:46 PM »
kool just tell me when u guys next having one and im sure i will b there :D

please have one soon im gaggin 4 a good session (bocking) havnt had 1 4 so long

Carl

Offline stevie

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 07:08:29 PM »
I will let you know, at the mo were rehersing for a show, so its dificult to give time to anyone, but maybe next weekend Sunday, i will confirm it first, then all are welcome, chears.

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 09:01:03 PM »
As someone who has trained up at the gym many times, I can honestly say it's an excellent place to train. I progressed really well going up there with the support and encouragement of everyone. If there is the chance of a sleepover at the gym, jump at it....They are the most fun.

Offline stevie

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 10:42:01 PM »
HEY, ET, great to hear your doing well, hope to see you soon, Best wishes from all of us.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 12:30:01 AM by stevie »

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 07:53:59 PM »
Hey stevie good to see you posting again.

People unsure about travelling to bradford...I've been known on more than one occasion to drive 4 hours from cardiff to bradford, bock with the guys until 1am and then drive 4 hours home. I might be totally nuts, but I wouldnt do it if it wasnt worth it 8)

Offline stevie

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 09:52:14 PM »
yea Locky, Its good to see everybody still bocking along, the main reason i stayed away from posting as you know is that i didnt want to get involved in all that polotics,it was wearing us down,and gave us so much stress, but now we are stronger than ever, and at last after a year my knee has practicaly made a full recovery, we have made new members, the gym is under new and even more friendly management, with me as the main key holder, it would take me all night to fill you in,

Our aim was and stil is for the sport to advance, i think we all know which way its going, and i think that it makes us all unique, when i first met you all, do you rememember what i said to you Locky, it was this, since the bocking community started, for our small family it has made the uk seem smaller, bringing groups from all over the uk together and meeting new friends with one thing in mind, and i was so excited when you all came for that first meet at our gym, like you said, you drove 4 hours, yes you are mad, but we had a great time, the best moments for me was watching you all progress, and jump over the blocks, and all the pain you put yourself thrugh to get that flip, so for all of us the uk is now smaller, and with each new person we put on stilts it gets even smaller,

we are still here, and always only a phone call away, and we will have another gym meeeetathon soon,but please, no polotics. Bock on.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 09:56:00 PM by stevie »

Offline MCTom

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 12:18:19 AM »
And so I announce the formation of the 'Conservative Bockers'!  :P

but seriously, good to hear you guys are still active, by friendlier management does that mean you are actually allowed to sleep in the gym now?  ;)
Carl, if you're going up there ever would you be so kind as to give me a lift too?  :angel:

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 12:21:16 AM »
sure tom im sure u can jump in my car hope you realise its a 3 and a half hour drive but im still up for it!

so yeh stevie when you do have a meet post it here and there will be no politics i promise!

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 12:39:28 AM »
WHEY // ITS THE MAIN MAN HIMSELF.. the King of Bocking..

I am a proud member of the UK'B-Bounce Display team like Stevie said and have done a fair few shows and trips around the country with the team..

The idea of another Bradford Gym meet sounds great.. let us all know well in advance so we can all book it off work and stuff .. me and Jeezbo will gladly drive up with us south-coasters!

and i also wanted to say that it was Stevie that helped me become the Bocker i am today.. helped me train and supported me always.. great to see you online again.

Speak to you soon.

Kiola. :thumbs:

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Offline stevie

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 03:27:23 AM »
I will try to get a date asap, we are thinking of making a thing of it, and take the more confident to the indoor skate park for an hour or so, but you will need to be reasonably cofident as it is a big place and i only have one and a half eyes, then back to the gym for a long stretch, the others can stay at the gym or break for food, then all meet back up again at the gym,somebody will stay with the peeps that don't go to the park, Kiola has trained at the park so he can fill you in about it, and then its up to individual choice.

Kiola, i was buzzing about you to everybody when you came up the other week for those gigs, and it was great in the gym to see you going higher than the beam in the roof, if you had'v turned around you could have sat on it, hope you can make it to the gym soon, Pete got his flips now.

It'l be great to see new faces, and i hope all the vets make it too, and it'l be a treat to see Dawsome, Becky. Mark,and everyone, and i'v forgot how to speak Welsh hint hint.

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 02:22:07 PM »
Yea.. was an awesome weekend and i was surprised at my own height in the Gym aswell...Put it all down to My skips (RIP)  :banghead:.. but its all good ey.  :Dark_Knight: ...batman has something up his sleeves.

The Skate park is one awesome place to train as the slopes and Obstacles that you encounter there are totally different to anything else that you might come across on a normal Bounce around your City .. i presume we are on about the Park in Leeds, and not any other we have previously visited  :rolleyes:

Below you will find the Video of Me, Brucie and Zeb on our Day off down at the Skatepark which is called 'The Works' - Enjoy

[youtube=425,350]y47Evmca0Xk[/youtube]

New Vids;
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Offline stevie

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 06:55:43 PM »
Yea its that one in Leeds, i forgot about that vid it was so long ago, the freek broke his arm in there, but he's ok now, bless him.

Offline stevie

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2008, 10:23:29 PM »
We can start looking at dates for the Bradford gym meet, best if we dont pick a date that has another meet, so if anybody wants to start, say on a sunday etc, we can say all day any Sunday, thats just a start.

Offline stevie

Re: B Bounce Gym Meet
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2008, 10:24:11 PM »
We can start looking at dates for the Bradford gym meet, best if we dont pick a date that has another meet, so if anybody wants to start, say on a sunday etc, we can say all day any Sunday, thats just a start.

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 12:18:39 AM »
erm... .. Best for you to pick a date further than a month away :)

Not the 23rd of march please .. thats The Plymouth Meet

Maybe Mid April? give time for people to organise and stuff.. if you want to make it a big one like before. or is that too late?

New Vids;
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Offline stevie

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 01:37:28 AM »
its up to you guys, im just letin people know that its up for a date if anyone wants to make a date that should be fine, if you want to start with a poss date that is good for your peeps thats fine, itl be good to see you.

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2008, 03:53:44 PM »
well i would love to come up and im not really bothered about a date but i do have like an 3 hour drive to get there so the quicker somebody decides a date the easier i can get to start saving  for money and i think some time in march should be good  probs a sat please?

Carl

Offline stevie

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2008, 05:32:08 PM »
Its up to you guys,  your welcome anytime i just need to know dates, we have the gym as and when with in reason.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2008, 05:33:46 PM »
some time in march should be good  probs a sat please?

Dont forget about the gym session you have in Lincoln on 1st March