Author Topic: Stupid knee straps!  (Read 4618 times)

Offline monkey_boyuk

Stupid knee straps!
« on: January 11, 2008, 09:50:02 AM »
hey guys im the newbie bocker these days!!!!

any ideas apart from lacing my legs to the darn knee bar of how to strap myself in properly using straps supplied!!! ive looked at the manual followed it letter by letter and im still as wobbley at the knees as if id just snogged lucy pinder! i can walk fine jump fine and run (not at full speed) as they just dont feel tight enough around the knees?

really frustrating

oh and to the guy who bocked indoors and banged his head i constantly do that on my doorframe on the way out the house ud of thought id of learnt by now but obeviously not im currently sporting a slight gash to my head

sooooooooooooo any ideas would be nice oh and the rain isnt too bad just do not walk ur dog on them not a good idea ladies and gents!

Dark Knight

Re: Stupid knee straps!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 10:03:05 AM »
Hiya to the forum.
How big is your legs, sounds odd but the hoops are one size fits all so you may have lots of room !?
If you push your knee pads in ( I hope you have pads ) and still find it loose you culd try wrapping a tea-cloth around the foam to bulk it up ( like some have ).
There are also a PINHEAD strap that could be helpful ( Just do a quick search on this forum ).

Just found this for you
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1395.0

One important thing !?

Bocking in doors isn't the good idea, your more likely fall on the edge of a coffie table the the sofa  :o
If you know what your doing then bocking in door is .... still not a good idea  :o
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 10:05:34 AM by Dark Knight »

Offline monkey_boyuk

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 11:03:55 PM »
they sorta fit just a little loose. and my legs are well umm average not fat not thin? guess i may have to go down the pinhead strap side. although i am loving my power risers il be honest got them purely for the giggle but they are becoming a good excercise aswell!!!! so i can keep fit and have a laugh!  :Straddle5:

Offline zendalfire

• StiltModZ.com
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 01:22:30 AM »
The knee straps that come with the stilts are not overly useful.
I offer alternative quick-release bindings..  see here:

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1407.msg19200#msg19200

Give me another day, I'll get the tutorial online.  It will be a good day for bocking  ;D

Offline monkey_boyuk

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 11:56:17 AM »
Yus me thinking of buying a pair as currently im tightening the hell out of the standard ones and hurting my lil knees rofl!!! i dont wear knee pads either are they really 100% neccesary never been a fan of arm pads and stuff  :banana:

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 06:32:37 PM »
Well unless you want to serious f**k your knee up and potenially be out of bocking for a year or so.
Without wrist pads you can easily break your wrist as shown in this picture of jason. Yes he know has a metal plate and several screws in his wrist.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline zendalfire

• StiltModZ.com
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 06:54:19 AM »
Quick-release knee straps tutorial online now:

http://www.bockmodz.com

Dark Knight

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 07:37:43 AM »
Yus me thinking of buying a pair as currently im tightening the hell out of the standard ones and hurting my lil knees rofl!!! i dont wear knee pads either are they really 100% neccesary never been a fan of arm pads and stuff  :banana:

Would you punch a brick wall or hit a hammer on your knee cap ?
NO !?
But you don't mind punching the floor and cracking your knee cap when you fall over which you WILL one day.

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 07:40:36 PM »
I got bored of revising so i made these from whatever was lying around  :).......

Offline monkey_boyuk

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 03:55:26 PM »
zendalfire  you are a legend of a man! i pretty much have that stuff lieing around in my house seein as i have a dog!!! looks like il be bocking this weekend folks! oh and bocking in the rain is not fun purely because i got very wet! and just to prove the original straps are dangerouse one snapped while i was running and nearly sent me flying good job im not bad as i did not fall :D  :banghead: still no knee pads yet but il buy some soon

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 04:24:40 PM »
I would have that stuff lying around if I had a normal dog and not a whippet lol. Somehow I dont think whippet/greyhound collars will work. Even so. The reason the zenstraps are great is that the stuff is so easy to get hold of. :thumbs: