Author Topic: Just tried my stilts on...  (Read 3615 times)

Offline Gixer

• EA Bocker
    • Imperial Sandtrooper TD-2441
Just tried my stilts on...
« on: January 21, 2008, 07:03:26 PM »
I've just tried them on, OMFG I'm gonna have to learn to balance and walk again aren't I?  Gonna go read up on adjusting them for best fit as I have very skinny legs and they feel very loose around the knee area :(  Maybe I should have got the kids size?? :(

Not too keen on having a go without lots of crash mats about first!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 07:16:25 PM by webmaster »
Rachel Smith - www.tk2441.co.uk

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: EA Norwich Meet
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 07:14:51 PM »
It will take you less than about 30 mins to start walking quite confidently on them,so don't sound so worried!

Make sure you adjust the knee bar so its right for you see - I know you have skyrunners but generally speaking most of the info on the forum will be tranferable to any jumping stilts you have. Just double check your manual just incase its slightly different.

About the gap check out the the first steps link in my signiature theres info in that thread which will help and also check out the topic on knee straps in the FAQ.

If you are above 5ft and over 45kg you're fine on the adult ones!

Its a bit off topic so I'll move your post & this answer for you on its own thread  ;)

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
Re: Just tried my stilts on...
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 09:01:24 PM »
Well done

You do not need the crash mats but safety gear helps particularly wrist protectors and elbow pads. Gone for the full monty and not hurt much but my pride. Spectacularly caressed a lampost on saturday.
Grow old disgracefully

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Just tried my stilts on...
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 09:57:46 PM »
Agreed pads are a must especialy wristguards don't end up with a wrist like mine was  :haha:

Jason  :Hoofies2: