Author Topic: Past events on forums  (Read 10511 times)

Offline Gixer

• EA Bocker
    • Imperial Sandtrooper TD-2441
Past events on forums
« on: February 05, 2008, 09:24:11 AM »
Was looking at the "meetings" and events sections on here and got all excited about some of the post titles like the big London meet at Speaker's corner...then I realised they were all last year - booooo!  Is there any way of marking events that are "in the past" so that I know not to get excited about them?  I'm not saying lock them or anything cos people still like to post on them about what it was like or to put photos up etc, but to mark an event as "done" so we can easily spot the "past" and "future" events?
Rachel Smith - www.tk2441.co.uk

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: Past events on forums
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 09:45:03 AM »
To be honest, it could be done but it would take a long time to do it as each post would have to be done individually by admin or mods unless the original posters did that.

The best thing to do is read the first post as that should tell you straightaway when is it etc.

This is also the reason why its important for people to correctly label/ put date & location in the title but its not always done :(

Dark Knight

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 10:38:43 AM »
To be honest, it could be done but it would take a long time to do it as each post would have to be done individually by admin or mods unless the original posters did that.

The best thing to do is read the first post as that should tell you straightaway when is it etc.

This is also the reason why its important for people to correctly label/ put date & location in the title but its not always done :(

I think that you could ask the original posters to change the title afterwards. It wouldn't be hard and they could add a note on how it went  :)
Just adding " MEET FINISHED " would mean you could still add post on what happened but poeple wouldn't like Gixer open the topic to find it over.
Putting the date on the topic title may help but if the titles long this may be missing when is shown on forum page !?
The Calendar useful if poeple used it  :-\

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 07:14:09 PM »
Sorry you missed the event Gixer!!! There will be another one in 2009 I beleive. It was for Children In Need. I am taking a nice LOOONG break from organising an event on that scale again! :p

-Carma (The Bocking Rocker)

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 07:25:04 PM »
you could always look at the last post date!  :thumbs:

Dark Knight

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 07:27:16 PM »
you could always look at the last post date!  :thumbs:
But what if someone adds to it like a picture  :-\

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 07:34:14 PM »
THen it would be done soon after the event, not before! so If you see pics, its a sure fire bet that its over!! (how else would you get the pics??)  :thumbs:

Dark Knight

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 12:50:51 PM »
THen it would be done soon after the event, not before! so If you see pics, its a sure fire bet that its over!! (how else would you get the pics??)  :thumbs:
It could show where to meet and show the poster bocking at that site !? :nana: