Author Topic: I just bocked to the UEA and back!!!  (Read 3025 times)

Offline Gixer

• EA Bocker
    • Imperial Sandtrooper TD-2441
I just bocked to the UEA and back!!!
« on: February 10, 2008, 03:03:48 PM »
So I went to meet Mr silenthunter, who wasn't answering his texts (due to newly bashed fone!) but I thought f**k it it's a gorgeous day I'm gonna bock all the way to the UEA (from Bowthorpe) - and I did!!!  Sat outside Sportspark for a while then walked back - and now I've got AGONISING toe and heel blisters on my right foot *sob* and my left knee pad was chafing my knee too.  Dunno what distance I walked but I thin I'll need more training before the Sport Mile, if anything just to get a comfy set-up!  I need my trainers laced tighter, padded socks, and plasters methinks!!

Still had fun though and Mr Silenthunter texted me when I was 3/4 way back home  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: hope you not too bruised after your fall!!!

If anyone else is up for regular walks to the UEA in preparation for Sport Mile let me know, I'll be up for it  :thumbs:

Just been told that snowboarding socks are great for preventing chafing and mega-padded.....
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 04:30:18 PM by Gixer »
Rachel Smith - www.tk2441.co.uk

Offline Trip

• EA Bocker
Re: I just bocked to the UEA and back!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 07:23:35 PM »
Me and SH had a great day it was a real shame we missed ya. We both took a tumble but was still good.  ;D I'll PM you my number aswell for next time.

Offline Gixer

• EA Bocker
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 08:01:51 PM »
Hope you not too badly bashed up ;D I'm busy next Sun but may be cool for the one after  :thumbs:  u will have to drop into the Chemistry Reception and say hi this week  8)

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 10:55:29 PM »
Can we always get you at Chemistry reception then gixer?  :thumbs:

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline Gixer

• EA Bocker
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 09:03:31 AM »
Well maybe not for much longer as I had an interview last Thur for a job in Social Sciences dept - so I may be moving - not heard back yet, argh!!!

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 12:17:19 PM »
well best of luck on the job, and congratulations on your mission, i think everyone gets blisters and chaffeage when they start, your right though, its just about finding the right setup

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 08:11:54 PM »
Yeah

Well done, been trying to run in preparation for a couple of events, finding it really hard to do more than 300 mtrs before blowing out my A  :censored:e
Grow old disgracefully

Offline theonlysilenthunter

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 04:32:34 PM »
Nah i'm recovering, I'll be up and about before next weekend :P. I don't exactly know where the chemistry reception is..... is it in the same building as the maths?? Well i'm sure you'll get the job in which case where's social sciences :D. Oh and trip do you have any electrical tape i can buy off you?? :P Getting to town is sooo much effort for me :)  :tape: lol Talk soon.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 02:20:24 PM »
Go to thorns but guess you are like KO