Author Topic: First Fall  (Read 2233 times)

Offline ForestMunch

First Fall
« on: February 12, 2008, 08:08:04 PM »
This may bring memories for many but i went for my first "big" jump around today having had the jumpers for near enough a month.  Took my mrs 4 year old daughter out with me and it was only a matter of time until it happened.  I thought it would have hurt but i somehow managed to dive into a forward roll and take out a bin with me and then fell another 3 times and didn't hurt myself surprisingly.  Stupidly though i wasn't wearing safety gear as i couldn't find it but for future reference, wrist guards i see, is a must!
Anyone had any dramatic falls yet?  I was going to try some flips etc on the grass but it was way too soft to get decent height.  Only a matter of time.......... :Straddle5:

Dark Knight

Re: First Fall
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 08:11:20 PM »
You should always keep your pads with your stilt !?
If you can't find your pads .... doesn't matter !?
Because you can't find your stilts  :biggrin:  :thumbs:

Offline ForestMunch

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 09:04:01 PM »
true, the pads are with my skates which are still up at my dad's house (somewhere).  haven't gone to get them since moving in with the mrs.  Maybe a trip to the old home is needed? :rolleyes:

Offline stiggy

• WWAAAAYYY
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 09:09:11 PM »
i was the same as you, didnt wear protection, i bailed in the middle of a roundabout LOL screwed me wrists and me knew for a few months, i was runnin, got a bit to c*cky, caught the floor with me stilt and down i went. still took me a year to get the protection LOL  :thumbs:

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 09:47:41 PM »
I got protection even before I got my bocks, and only really wear my wrist guards, but my new calf cuff design has a integrated knee pad system built in, so I am always wearing knee pads!!  :banana:

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline magzzie

• A little taste of the Bocker within
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 01:35:31 AM »
great