Author Topic: Mr./Mrs./Miss/Ms. Muscle???  (Read 10765 times)

olliestev

Mr./Mrs./Miss/Ms. Muscle???
« on: November 12, 2006, 03:47:16 PM »
i was wondering how hard you have to push with your legs to get a good bounce with this and wether it developes the stergth in your legs?

has any noticed any supperior power in their legs after using these?

also have you found that you normal jumping height(sans powerisers) has increased??

id love to know thanks!

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: Mr./Mrs./Miss/Ms. Muscle???
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 04:04:15 PM »
It does exercise your leg muscles, more than just ordinary running and jogging. I also find if i got on them for several hours that my stomache muscles feel like they've been exercised too. Might be cos im old though lol.
I dont think using these will increase your jump height without wearing them.

olliestev

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 05:43:14 PM »
thats cool! i would of thought if it exercises your legs and abs you would imporve in your jumping?

why dont you think it would?

Offline Lukey

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 11:30:58 PM »
My physique did improve when I was using mine, recently I've not been on them much due to the weather so its the gym for time being.

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 11:22:33 PM »
It does exercise your leg muscles, more than just ordinary running and jogging. I also find if i got on them for several hours that my stomache muscles feel like they've been exercised too. Might be cos im old though lol.

my stomache muscles  were starting to tence up an burn a bit when i was on the m for a few hurs lol

xx

Offline ricky35

• Welsh Bockers
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 11:33:48 PM »
same here but when i started jumping......dont get it much often now only when i push my self that littl bit higher
<a href="http://www.welshbockers.co.uk/signature.swf" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.welshbockers.co.uk/signature.swf</a>

Offline Rodamus_Zero

• X-Bocks
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 12:10:46 AM »
Once you understand how to bounce and jump while using the bocks, getting more hieght is easy, I didnt push myself at all on my very first jump and ended up being a good foot into the air! Odd as it my sound, keep your legs straight and use your heels, not the balls of my feet for a jump/bounce and let the springs do all the work.
Its definantly toned my muscules out, my abs aswell.
Its a great work out, for only a few hours worth of bocking around, Its like I've ran a few good miles without all the hard agro needed (still works up a sweat mind).

Jumping without the bocks on has certianly gotten higher since using them, It might only be a few inchs, but I've noticed it several times... mainly because Im banging my head on the light shade and I never used to do that.

Even if you wernt to use bocks for sport, its defianantly a good work out and fitness option, on the plus side... they look awesome :)
Tell Them, Zero is Here.
Team Member of x-b

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 12:14:52 AM »

i think locky was talking about technique, correct me if im wrong dude....
Odd as it my sound, keep your legs straight and use your heels, not the balls of my feet for a jump/bounce and let the springs do all the work.
Its definantly toned my muscules out, my abs aswell.
Its a great work out, for only a few hours worth of bocking around, Its like I've ran a few good miles without all the hard agro needed (still works up a sweat mind).

like rodamus said thats great bocking technique, and it does build your core muscles as everyones said.
this will probably increase your height on normal jumps down to sheer muscle growth, again as rodamus said.
but they the most fun either way and if your thinking about getting some its time to stop thinking :D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 12:17:52 AM by Nero »

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Dark Knight

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 12:34:58 AM »
Jogging will tone your legs more than build muscles the impact and the weight of the stilts will build some muscle but your not going to grow masive legs by just bocking.
Bocking is a good aerobic workout and having to balance all the time will tone your stomcah.
Bocking will help with posture including the way you walk.

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 01:10:10 AM »
has any noticed any supperior power in their legs after using these?

I shaved 0.3 seconds off my 100m time :)

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 07:29:43 AM »
Jogging will tone your legs more than build muscles the impact and the weight of the stilts will build some muscle but your not going to grow masive legs by just bocking.
Bocking is a good aerobic workout and having to balance all the time will tone your stomcah.

I have to agree with the posture thing, I used to slouch, I no longer do so since using PowerBocks.

-Carma

Dark Knight

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 10:58:19 PM »

I have to agree with the posture thing, I used to slouch, I no longer do so since using PowerBocks.

-Carma
Now you only do that when drunk  :lol: