Author Topic: O dear, broken spring?  (Read 7938 times)

Offline wingding

O dear, broken spring?
« on: February 26, 2008, 08:19:01 PM »
Ok so yesterday i was out bocking with my flat (daily thing :) ) and one of my jumps started feeling alot looser than the other and it was making it hard to double jump, i even started to feel it as i walked. One of my housemates said he'd read about this on the forum and that its just psychological. but after carrying on i heard a slight "click" and felt my jump shudder. I thought i'd landed on something on the floor and went home still convinced my jump was playing up. i decided to try them on the other feet to see if that made any difference an no, my left bock (now on my right foot) was still looser.

I then deicded i really need to look at the spring itself and set about the very long task or un-taping my springs :(. after i had done this i found my rubber stuff was bumpy and pierced in the middle-ish. i peeled back the rubber and :

now all the "white" bits on the spring are sticking up though the pictures dont really show that. Is this a RIP for a spring and i need a new one? or is this ok and i just need to fix up the rubber and stuff?

I have ProJump 100KG's, been jumping for a little under 3 months.

any help appreciated, and anyway i can get this warratified? or are springs not covered?

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
Re: O dear, broken spring?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 08:26:47 PM »
i cant speak for the pro jump guys, but im sure it does come under warrenty if they are under a year old, and NO ammount of tape will fix that mate, new spring is the only remedy.
get on to pro jump or wait till the forum webmaster Naz comes on she should sort it out for ya

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline wingding

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 08:29:53 PM »
ahh ty, least im not going insane  :D

and ill phone them tommorrow if nothing been said here to the contrary.

Offline XS

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 08:38:37 PM »
yes they're dead.

as for warranty you're pushing the limit of it, if you have the CF springs they have a 3 month warranty on the springs
if you have fiberglass it was only 28 days

from the pic it looks like their CF though so contact them ASAP, you may have just made it in the warranty period

PJ warranty info here

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 09:10:43 PM »
OMG

mate there nakerd and i dont think you can waranty the springs actually becasue there not faulty springs the user has broken them :P but im 15 and i no f*ck all so pm Naz (webmaster) and send her the pic and tlel her when you bought the stilts and shell sort it out but as XS said you need to contact them ASAP :thumbs:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline wingding

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 09:21:11 PM »

This limited guarantee does not cover normal wear and tear, nor does it cover deliberate or accidental damage, failure or loss caused by improper assembly, storage or use. The limited guarantee will be void if the product is used in a manner other than for recreational use, if they are modified or rented out.   

but surely there musta been something wrong as i havent been doing anything particularly amazing on them  :-\ and this cant just "happen" ill phone them up tommorrow i just hope i dont have to shell out £75 on new springs :(

Offline XS

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 09:27:26 PM »
springs breaking in less than 3 months is not normal wear and tear, they should be replaced

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 09:31:45 PM »
you just reminded me i need new springs im botoming my old ones out :P

and it says its void if deliberate or accidental damage well urs was neither was it because you didnt be stupid and u didnt have a clue about there condition because there behind thick black rubber ???

and if they say you should of taken it off then if they were fine your spring wouldnt of been covers and protected  ??? ??? ??? ???  

this is very confusing because if we need to check our spring condition when we buy them how do we do this without taking the rubber off!! :banghead:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 09:41:33 PM »
I'd deal with this for you but I'm not going to be in tomorrow/ thurs so maybe best thing to do is email support@ukgooddeals.com with pictures and basically what you have said here or just include a link to this thread.

Please include:

•Your Name and contact details & order number.  
•A detailed description of the defect with a clear photo. (or link to this thread as you've put everything on here)

Someone will then contact you with further details... or if you can pm me your name / contact number / order number I will drop an email to the office now on your behalf.

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 09:47:23 PM »
see ^^^
Naz is brilliant at fixing things :thumbs:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 09:57:31 PM »
I try... But it doesn't always work.  :(

Just saw ur other post Aidan, I think its important to check your springs regularly esp if you hear something, or it doesnt feel right or even if you see a little nic in the cover. Sometimes a thicker cover will help but wont always prevent breakages.

I don't get to see the condition of bocks when they come in for repair as I don't work from the main office, but my collegues have told me at times the condition of the bocks are extremely bad. It's very important to give them plenty of tlc :)

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 10:24:53 PM »
they would have a field day over my calf cuff mod, lol

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2008, 10:31:02 PM »

You think you've got problems  :haha: hand made bearings (reamed the frames first), Cuffies, Hoofies, slippies and I've just fitted home made footplate supports (broke one so I made a new set on the lathe)

If I sent them mine they'd probably send them back saying I got the wrong manufacturer let alone retailer  :haha:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 12:06:05 AM »
true i think they would say the same with some of the mods I have in the planning stages  :thumbs:

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Dark Knight

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 12:12:57 AM »
God know's what ANY manufacturer would say if I sent them my MOD'ed pair  :biggrin:

Offline wingding

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 01:41:38 AM »
ty all :) i will email them tomora Naz  :angel:

Offline XS

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 05:05:49 AM »

You think you've got problems  :haha: hand made bearings (reamed the frames first), Cuffies, Hoofies, slippies and I've just fitted home made footplate supports (broke one so I made a new set on the lathe)

If I sent them mine they'd probably send them back saying I got the wrong manufacturer let alone retailer  :haha:

God know's what ANY manufacturer would say if I sent them my MOD'ed pair  :biggrin:

i think if any of you send them back they'd say too many mods, no warranty, unless naz worked her magic for you.

Offline wingding

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 02:17:59 PM »
well i don't think any of you will be asking to send them back as they require the original invoice that came with them and i really don't think i still have that, i have a screenshot of my email invoice, i wonder if they'll accept that?   :-\

im gonna have to pay i can feel it already  :'(

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 04:43:34 PM »
Just saw ur other post Aidan, I think its important to check your springs regularly esp if you hear something, or it doesnt feel right or even if you see a little nic in the cover. Sometimes a thicker cover will help but wont always prevent breakages.

but naz how do you check your stitls if youve got a load of tape on and then youve got a rubber thing that comes with the spring and tot ake all them off would be VERY annoying :P

Offline weekend50

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 12:04:46 AM »
I have got a problem just like the person that first person that commented on this subject. Suddenly my right stilt went weaker than the left one. After i had finnished bocking, i took off all of the tape that i used for protection, and found a small white crack thing. It feels rough and it seems splintered.

Is this a crack in the spring, or just nothing??

Would i need to buy a new spring or what??

Offline Becky

• EsseX Power Bockers
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2008, 12:23:53 AM »
can u get us another photo where the spring is a bit more in focus please :)
maybe its just me, but i cant really tell what you have done from this photo :(
(cameras never do what you want them too!) ;D

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2008, 12:27:48 AM »
Is this the same spring you damaged when you fell or the other one?

Becky if it’s the same one then there’s some more pics below but fairly unclear to tell…

I have only been blocking for about 4 weeks now. I have been able to jump quite hig, run quite fast, hop on one foot and skip.

I fell over for the first time today, and i have badly grazed my knee, hurt my right elbow, hurt my left wrist and grazed my left hand.

I had not worn any safety gear, but i am not sure if i should get knee pads. I have damaged my springs, by falling over. There is a small gash in the left spring, but not bad enough to be worried about (i hope)

Do i need to get another spring?

Thanks all

Ben Taylor

I have only been blocking for about 4 weeks now. I have been able to jump quite high, run quite fast, hop on one foot and skip.

I have damaged my left spring, by falling over. There is a small gash about 1cm long by 5mm wide by 5mm deepon the outside of the left spring. I can see some sort of threads on the inside. I am not sure if the spring is safe enough to use, but i though i might aswell ask you guys, because you must have had this problem before

Thanks all
Ben Taylor

:PJR:

I had taped the springs, but it still damaged the springs. These are the images i took:

Offline weekend50

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2008, 01:06:05 AM »
Sorry, that is as good as the pictures get.

The spring i damaged last time was my left one. This is my right one.

From what i can see, it looks like a smaller section of the images from the first person who created this subject.

Dark Knight

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 07:05:28 PM »
 :hijacked:
I maybe in the market for broken springs this summer !?
I maybe using them on my next MOD'ed stilts (DNA) :Dark_Knight:
( Waits for someone to ask how anyone could use broken springs  ;) )
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 07:19:03 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2008, 07:09:16 PM »
I think you may not need to look further than Colin & Kiola