Author Topic: standing up  (Read 11887 times)

Offline DJ MIDNIGHT

• brat brat brat
    • dblok
Re: standing up
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2008, 09:48:29 PM »
ok thnx n e other problems oh yh its really hard 4 me 2 bounce as im 3 stone under the limit lol

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2008, 09:50:58 PM »
Now you got an excuse to use them loads and loads and loads!!

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2008, 09:55:28 PM »
Keep your feet paralell, your springs are almost touching each other as you walk.
i find it soo hard too keep them straight coz it hurts my legs as no1 walks with there legs that straight lol. i cant do it :'(

im getting all my pads this weekend  ;D

You mean you cant be bothered to do it, it only takes practise. If you dont, you can expect at some point to damage your springs or yourself.

Offline DJ MIDNIGHT

• brat brat brat
    • dblok
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2008, 09:56:00 PM »
i just look stupid wen people say run or jump and i say i cant look like an idiot lol

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2008, 11:16:33 PM »
Yep we've all been there I just used to tell people I was good at falling over (well it was true)

It take a while to get enough muscle in you legs to control the bocks let alone do anything with them some people start at an advantage as they did Gymnastics or free running etc before getting into bocking

I rode horses for years and climb scaffolds and ladders a lot so my legs were fairly strong to start and I found it hard at first

As for the toes out walking the best advice is to learn to walk straight on your feet first this you can do all day just look down and if your walking like a duck point your toes in and it will transfer to the PJ's soon enough

But ET is right you will trip yourself up eventually if you don't try to correct it

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline DJ MIDNIGHT

• brat brat brat
    • dblok
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 08:10:56 AM »
yh thnx but dnt no y hes saying i cant be bothered coz im on my jumping stilts 2hrs a day sooo...

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 10:12:01 AM »
ET has a point (in his normal blunt way, love ya ET), but, if you start to say you can't do it, you will end up not being able to. Which is exactly why I am finding it near impossible to get up, because I am defeatist from the start. You have to get your head around it and go 'I CAN and I WILL do this' then you find you put so much more enthusiasm into trying!

-Carma (The Bocking Rocker)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2008, 10:20:29 AM »
Everything is just in the mind. Everything is possible. Pain is just in the mind. If that is invented by the mind think what else could be!!!

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2008, 10:25:41 AM »
Forget the bashing bocks for a minute, forget bouncing really high or running, Dblok look at the video again mate, because even if your stood on one spot trying to stay standing YOU HAVE A HUGE SMILE ON YOUR FACE, and thats why we do it all aint it. to have fun

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline DJ MIDNIGHT

• brat brat brat
    • dblok
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2008, 10:59:57 AM »
yh thank you ive got to admit they are really fun lol :thumbs: