Author Topic: MY knee hurts  (Read 5255 times)

Offline arthur

MY knee hurts
« on: November 12, 2006, 04:45:29 PM »
Hi,

When im out on my projumps now that ive got the adult ones I have found that the leg strap is loose because it isnt velcro its like a clip and its hard to make it tight enough because my legs arent that big so everytime i try and run or do anything it feels loose .
and when i run my knee feels like it is bending inwards (wrong way)
so does anyone know a way for me to make my leg not move around soo much or any mods to make my leg press firmly against the knee brace?

Arthur

check out http://www.swebounce.com/ for some great videos of  Mattias Lindström and more great info.... go check t out now !!!

Offline danpne

• Administrator
Re: MY knee hurts
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 05:03:36 PM »
Hi Arthur,

Having spoken to people about the use of their Pro-Jumps they say the best thing to do is get kneepads which have shinpads on aswell so that you can jam them in between your leg and the knee bracket, if you find this still isnt tight enough get some more padding (ive heard fireproof insulation is good) and put that behind your knee.

Dan

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 05:40:35 PM »
Yup i have skinny legs and I find wearing knee pads makes a very snug fit aswell as the protection.
Someone posted on another forum a mod about taking a swimming noodle and wrapping it over the current knee bracket (funky colours available too!).

Offline arthur

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 06:50:28 PM »
ok but one thing i already have my knee pads on and the knee part goes oever the bottom of my pads and its still not very good fitting (and i have padding on the knee brace.
and also that new thing on the back of the knee instead of velcro seems to be harder to use than the velcro because i have to fiddle with two straps and close the part which holds it at the same time.

check out http://www.swebounce.com/ for some great videos of  Mattias Lindström and more great info.... go check t out now !!!

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 07:56:46 PM »
The straps can be a little awkward but I dont pull mine so they are really tight. I'd possibly think of getting some larger knee pads or as suggested some with shin pads.

olliestev

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 07:26:15 PM »
what you can do is get a swimming noodle (a long thin float used in swimming pools) and cut a piece in half to use as padding.

hope it helps!

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 07:54:18 PM »
I already suggested that lol.
Keep up!

olliestev

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 06:20:22 PM »
oh yeh
sorry didnt see it!

Offline arthur

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 07:59:42 PM »
im ok now after getting used to it  :)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 08:09:13 PM »
arthur are you glad you have the adult ones now?

Offline arthur

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 08:16:17 PM »
yeh im glad at first i didnt like them alot but now ive got used to the weight and everything i really enjoy them