Author Topic: how long until??  (Read 7053 times)

olliestev

how long until??
« on: November 13, 2006, 06:04:45 PM »
how long untill you could jump over impressive things??

let me know. with details please!

thanks everyone!!!

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: how long until??
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 07:56:17 PM »
I've had mine 2 weeks and i can jump my front wall. Its only 2 feet tall though lol and it has grass on the other side. I'm still not confident jumping at all and now my knees are injured so I'm out for a few days :(

I think everyone is different though cos it depends on balance, fear factor and your danglies.

Offline mroz

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 08:31:37 PM »
My wife's engagement ring was moderately impressive & I think I could just about jump it. Had my PJs just over 24 hours. Wobbled around the kitchen yesterday & broke into a sweat. Tonight I've just been up to the local park, in the dark, and had a slightly more controlled wobble. Started to get the hang of it so walked the half mile back home. I'm hoping to try a bit of running in a day or two. I'm pretty unfit but figure 30-60 minutes a day of this will help no end, if I don't put my back out or dislocate a knee first  :)
Michael

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 08:41:21 PM »
I wonder if pro-jumps effect ones marriage? Probably if you'd landed ON the ring lol.

Solution: Get some for your wife too!

Offline mroz

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 09:11:00 PM »
I'm trying to persuade her, but she doesn't seem interested. A combination of too scary & too silly as far as she's concerned, I think :(
Michael

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
  • ( a insane person laughing is always contageous..)
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 09:18:31 PM »
lol....why oh why arnt woman impressed by these things...WHY?!?!?! ??? :D
Excue me while i try to nibble on my own ear

Offline Kaaaaaaren

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 02:59:28 PM »
I'm a woman and I'm very impressed by these things.

Offline danceraimee

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 12:21:31 AM »
yeah me too!!! theyre awesome! thanks for all your help last night guys! finally got on them yey!!!  didnt find the walking in them hard - not sure if normal stilt walking helped me with this...... bouncing wasnt happening much,  but! instead of boring you with the same questions every newbie asks ive spent the last 3 hours reading as many topics and tips as possible and will try again tomorrow!!  I got a couple of good ones holding onto the wall :P but then it got dark so got my ass back inside where i battled getting them off for 30 mins hehe - fell off the couch but stayed on the pj's!

just one question - is it possible to get a good strong bounce from standing (well teetering from foot to foot!)????

Cant wait to meet some of you at upcoming meets!

Aimee. xx

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 12:43:19 AM »
Hi Aimee

Great to hear your progressing so fast :)
All the info on the Doncaster stadium meet is posted in its own thread within this section.
There isnt another meet planned at the bradford gym but because you're so close Stevie might invite you along one night when they are less busy. I'm sure he'll post on here and say hi within the next few days.

Um a strong bounce from standing....I dont really know. I usually go from standing and take one hard stamp on one leg and then bounce on both but I really wouldnt worry about it, you're on the right track and you'd be amazed how it all seems to come naturally after a little experience.

Offline danceraimee

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 10:49:01 PM »
Awwww hey Matt - or do we have all have to call you uncle matt?? :P

Thanks for all the advice - its been soooo helpful! Ive had to put them away for the weekend - gutted :( - got a massive dance event this sat - live on radio one and filmed for new clubbing dvd thingy so need to give my muscles a rest!!  Cant belive how much my tummy is pulling after 3 days just!

So how long have you been on them? Can you do flips and stuff? Im getting strange looks from people i have to say - cant believe there are still people out there that dont know what they are! xx

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 11:35:52 PM »
I'm still struggling with my flips but it wont be long. Me and jono set a "flip deadline" of april fools day, simply because we are fools. Jono can land his now (nice and tight too) but I still need some practice.

We've both had them since about nov 1st.
The strange looks soon turn into the same old questions - what, who, why, where etc lol

Offline Kanga Man

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 11:41:54 AM »
Personally I haven't jumped over anything yet. I have managed to get 3-4 feet in the air by jumping off of a set of stairs and not stopping the bounce when I hit the ground but I really can't do much else on mine yet. Once I have some better stilts that are suited to a higher weight category then I'll be ready to try more. I feel confident on them. I just don't feel confident of them. I can hear my stilts warning me that they will crack if I keep going but they are so much fun.

Offline jumpin jak

• Flippy!
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 12:11:46 PM »
that reminds me, you never did land you r flips did ya uncee matt. :P

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 12:16:21 PM »
I think Matt almost landed one but he had a bit of a head injury (by not wearing his helmet - naughty naughty) so I think he may may missed his deadline to manage it - but im sure he will update us once he reads this :)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 06:53:30 PM »
hahaha well no i didnt manage to land them but it wont be long now.

However...I did go rockclimbing today on springs - again with no helmet!

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 07:44:13 PM »
Oh no

Come on Matt

Surely u don't want another bump on ur head!!

Offline Dusty12

• ..Boing...Boing...Boing..
    • Pet Rock Net
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 06:36:23 PM »
Rockclimbing on springs??
I did take my PJ's when I was going rockclimbing once and I tried to climb wearing them but it was pretty impossible. :D

Yeah, I'm back

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
  • ( a insane person laughing is always contageous..)
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 01:53:59 PM »
The stupid ideas are always the best!!!!  ;D
Excue me while i try to nibble on my own ear