Author Topic: the easiest way to learn grabs and tricks like them  (Read 15734 times)

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
Re: the easiest way to learn grabs and tricks like them
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2008, 05:09:39 AM »
keep resting, and you should be ok  :thumbs:

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2008, 12:16:38 PM »
the backs better, ish, and as long as I keep off of it, it will be ok  :banana:

Good good :) :) :)

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008, 01:24:28 AM »
may have to lay off of the bocking at the cambridge meet, I will deffo be there, just not bouncing too much!

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2008, 01:32:55 AM »
Someone said their wife had a trampette. I'm guessing it's just an exercise trampette? Unless its a proper gymnastics trampette (which are used instead of a springboard... not a mini trampoline) I wouldn't recommend learning flips on it, as the legs can snap when you block. A trampoline would be much better!

Conclusion: Trampette = Bad  :P (unless it's a gymnastics one)
                Trampoline = Good  :thumbs:
                        Feet = Ninja! :Dark_Knight:
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2008, 01:43:25 AM »
Someone said their wife had a trampette. I'm guessing it's just an exercise trampette? Unless its a proper gymnastics trampette (which are used instead of a springboard... not a mini trampoline) I wouldn't recommend learning flips on it, as the legs can snap when you block. A trampoline would be much better!

Conclusion: Trampette = Bad  :P (unless it's a gymnastics one)
                Trampoline = Good  :thumbs:
                        Feet = Ninja! :Dark_Knight:

It was me that mentioned the trampette first and really I think the one I used was a cross between a tumble track and a trampette. Take a look at more or less any Bradford gym vids and you will see what I mean.

• Elite Member
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2008, 02:05:19 AM »
Well tumble tracks are awesome! Nothing like trampettes. So no problems there. :)

Trampolines are large circular or rectangular pieces of equipment as large as 15 ft in diameter or 18ft long.

Trampettes (exercise) look like miniature circular trampolines. Designed for bouncing up and down on the spot for an aerobic exercise. (Not designed to block on)

Trampettes (gymnastics) look like like miniature square trampolines. Designed to block on then propel yourself into the air, often over a vault. Much like a spring board, only more powerful.

Tumble tracks are a long, springy, strip of runway which you can run down and perform multiple successive flips and combos in a straight line. Similar runways have a trampoline like material or resemble long bouncy castles (air track).

All are perfect for learning basic tricks. All are perfect for learning flips except the exercise trampette.

Neo.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline theonlysilenthunter

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2008, 06:06:40 PM »
Thanks for the comment spud on the getting up :P I'll get you doing it soon enough :P

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2008, 06:12:39 PM »
Ahhh Tumble track, palyed on the one in the Bradford Gym, thought it was a long trampet :laugh:
Grow old disgracefully

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2008, 06:14:50 PM »
I can almost flip on my own feet, on solid ground, so bah to tramplets, lol

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2008, 06:44:18 PM »
Thanks for the comment spud on the getting up :P I'll get you doing it soon enough :P

Not possible for girls  :nana: But you were so good at that and you run lightning fast and stairs and not being a wimp hmm....free lessons on all the above???

First i heard bout you nearly bein able to do flip...Do you do parkour. I wana do it  but I cant even do a forward roll hahaha Not kidding:P the norwich parkour guys rock. So helpful with jumping lessons lol :P

Dark Knight

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2008, 11:14:35 PM »
but to get back on topic, has nobody tried to do their grabs/tricks just in their shoe's yet?

Yes, but find on a trampette is better than on the floor. If I do it from the floor its better to do it barefooted as I can get more elevation that way.

I've got to "DO or DIE" because of an ankle problem ( arthritis ) I have no power in the ankle joint and would twist it. It would be Bocks or nothing !?

• Elite Member
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2008, 03:58:25 AM »
parkour. I wana do it  but I cant even do a forward roll hahaha Not kidding:P the norwich parkour guys rock. So helpful with jumping lessons lol :P

Lol. Just speak to Lukman again. He'll have you jumping backwards over your own head within a week. ;D But if it's flips you want, make sure you call it free-running. Flips aren't Parkour! I could have taught you last week, but no-one replied to my Norwich Jam proposal. :P Have fun! ;D

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2008, 09:54:37 AM »
parkour. I wana do it  but I cant even do a forward roll hahaha Not kidding:P the norwich parkour guys rock. So helpful with jumping lessons lol :P

Lol. Just speak to Lukman again. He'll have you jumping backwards over your own head within a week. ;D But if it's flips you want, make sure you call it free-running. Flips aren't Parkour! I could have taught you last week, but no-one replied to my Norwich Jam proposal. :P Have fun! ;D

Lukman rocks. He was doin his stuff on my normal peg stilts the other week haha lol. He is a nutter. Lol I am no way doin any tricks and lol they were gonna get me doing forward rolls (hehe cant do them) So I just wouldnt get off my bocks!

I usually see those guys at the circus/juggling workshop thing on a wed. You should come along one week.

• Elite Member
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2008, 03:49:01 PM »
Funny you should say that... I was there last week. :D
We might have even met and not realised! lol. ;D

I was the guy doing gainers off of the stage... well it's not a stage,
but you know what I mean... the churchy equivolent of a stage. :)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2008, 03:50:16 PM »
Funny you should say that... I was there last week. :D
We might have even met and not realised! lol. ;D

I was the guy doing gainers off of the stage... well it's not a stage,
but you know what I mean... the churchy equivolent of a stage. :)

I didnt go last week. I forgot. you going this week?

• Elite Member
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2008, 04:01:49 PM »
Sorry dude. I'm back on the other side of the country now. :P
But I'll be back in the summer, 8) after uni. :) Catch you then.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2008, 04:03:29 PM »
Sweet...see you then :D lol you would have known if I was there :D I am usually on stilts or bocks :D