Author Topic: crash matts  (Read 23620 times)

Offline Frumpet

• www.MySpace.com/TotalVoid
    • Total Void's MySpace
Re: crash matts
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2006, 06:14:51 PM »
Oooooh they look good, the amount of fun I'd have on those!!! Stupid shipping costs...[grumbles]... :'(
"Alcoholism isn't an illness, it's a disease. Well, not a disease, more like an illness." - Paul Gascoigne

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
  • ( a insane person laughing is always contageous..)
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2006, 05:49:50 PM »
i think ill go with the straw idea in the summer ill do jus that ...thanks to the person who came up with that  ;D
Excue me while i try to nibble on my own ear

Offline Frumpet

• www.MySpace.com/TotalVoid
    • Total Void's MySpace
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2006, 11:33:22 PM »
Haha, yeah I was sittin there thinking "what would I like to fall on that's cheap and somewhat soft..." and straw was the answer lol!!
I'll have to try it out as well, make sure you post some pics of your flip attempts and whatnot, I'd like to see the outcome ;D lol!
"Alcoholism isn't an illness, it's a disease. Well, not a disease, more like an illness." - Paul Gascoigne

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2006, 02:10:10 AM »
sure...... love too have to wait till summer tho cos thats when the farmer has all the straw cut

Offline rickbicker26

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2006, 12:04:20 AM »
you could always tried a ball pool, lol... i've jumped in one b4 without it hurting thats without projumps that is

Offline superfly-rico

Re: TRAINING crash matts/ gymnasiums
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2006, 02:26:07 PM »
I tried persuading my ANAL gymnastics club...nada! they're anal coz its been rebuilt with loto money and is one of the best in europe! Benfield in Newcastle on Tyne! but cant blame em man they hold adult sessions there 3 times a wk (A condition of their mega millions of funding) so the community do get to use it.
Weirdly tho, you can walk in there a complete beginner and use the place to flip around with NO training what so ever!!
they freaked wen i brought ma PJ's, all sorts of mis-conceptions bout damaging their beautiful gym and foam pits.

wen this stuff hits in the new year they'll have missed the exposure coz i'm using an arts centre i've padded out with a second hand gymnastics floor. Got it set up with a harness for flips!! 2007 will see lots of these facilities being set up and made accessible to alternative & extreme sports, so do give up guys, theres always a way round the problem. happy xmas & see you next year, Ricochet.

Offline drew

• Flybar Pogo Sticks are fun
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2006, 06:19:35 PM »
My local sport centre where I've had four trampolining lessons, suggested that I bring my Projumps in and the coach will get some crash mats out for me.   I've managed to do forward sumersaults on the trampoline, although he sticks a crash mat over it on the count of three.  Next lesson without the crash mat, then out come the double crash mats for me to practice sumersault on the stilts.

I guess the answer is to take up trampolining, and then talk about ProJumps a bit, then you never know curiosity will take over, and they let you have a play on them.  Local Gymnastics club had a full adult membership, so no go there, and not really enough room in front of the foam pit anyway.  Also they have a sprung floor which I guess makes it harder.

My advice is take to Trampolining and get the motion of foward and backwards sumerrsaults in a safe environment, then go for the Projump stuff.  Will let you know how it goes.

My lessons are group ones on two trampolines and cost £18 for 4 x 1.5 hour sessions each Thursday, next lesson 11th January 2007  ;D

In Hove area on the south coast.
Drew
------------------------------
Life to short to grow up!

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
Re: TRAINING crash matts/ gymnasiums
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2006, 01:06:22 PM »
I tried persuading my ANAL gymnastics club...nada! they're anal coz its been rebuilt with loto money and is one of the best in europe! Benfield in Newcastle on Tyne! but cant blame em man they hold adult sessions there 3 times a wk (A condition of their mega millions of funding) so the community do get to use it.
Weirdly tho, you can walk in there a complete beginner and use the place to flip around with NO training what so ever!!
they freaked wen i brought ma PJ's, all sorts of mis-conceptions bout damaging their beautiful gym and foam pits.

wen this stuff hits in the new year they'll have missed the exposure coz i'm using an arts centre i've padded out with a second hand gymnastics floor. Got it set up with a harness for flips!! 2007 will see lots of these facilities being set up and made accessible to alternative & extreme sports, so do give up guys, theres always a way round the problem. happy xmas & see you next year, Ricochet.

Do they have any adult classes at the weekend? I cant find one in my area and am willing to get on a train at weekends to get to somewhere that does

Offline urbantricker

• Front Flip at Southsea
    • Urban Tricking
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2007, 10:51:40 AM »
I havent read any of the other posts. but I am about to put a load of crash mats on ebay!

I will get back on here with the link once I get them on later today!

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2007, 11:45:34 AM »
and I would be extremely interested in them :D

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2007, 07:53:56 PM »
im gonna fill some quilts with straw and pile them up .....clever ay ;D

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2007, 03:41:03 PM »
Clever, but breaking and entering is highly illegal.
And all the crashmats are locked away in a store cupboard anyway.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2007, 07:56:36 PM »
Not in this gym my friends have takwondo there so they open windows and go inside the next day..... LOL

Thats not big or clever......

Offline jump-up

• " I belive i can flye "
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2007, 09:14:25 PM »
I think oyu have point there from now on im not going to climb throgh that window ;) 

NEVER!!!!

Offline GRS

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2007, 12:55:43 AM »
Good Lad

Wouldnt want you getting in trouble!

Im certain if you ask nicely they would let you use the gym.

Offline jump-up

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2007, 01:49:44 PM »
It wasn`t my idea in the first place... but i think they will let me inn if i ask them relly nice peopels there!! :D

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2007, 05:34:46 PM »
dont foget to say please if you say please then you can get anything you want ....THATS THE LAW!!!!!

Offline jump-up

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2007, 06:11:55 PM »
Thanks for all the support guys ::)

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2007, 11:34:32 AM »
Thanks for all the support guys ::)

its what we do

Dark Knight

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2007, 12:24:34 AM »
hmm matresses not a bad idea..however i see one tiny eeny weeny drawback........my mother would kill me.......i was thinking of summin like a pool but tht would bugger my projumps ...soo back to the drawing bored

Why should a pool bugger your pro jumpers  ???
Watch this !  ;D

Offline GRS

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2007, 12:31:32 AM »
saw this floating about the forum b4

features mattias & Mik from Swebounce

Cool guys  :)

but I think they used a very old pair of stilts just in case  ;D