Author Topic: Clicking PJ's  (Read 9718 times)

Offline weekend50

Clicking PJ's
« on: March 18, 2008, 12:28:29 AM »
Hi guy's, when i walk around on my PJ's, i can feel some sort of clicking. When i push down, i can't feel anything, but when i lift my feet up, i can feel the clicking.

I keep on tightening up the joints, and it does nothing.

I am worried that something is seriously wrong!!!

Please help me guy's!!!!

Cherz

Dark Knight

Re: Clicking PJ's
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 12:40:09 AM »
First thing is don't tight everything too tight !
Second thing is compare it to the other one to see if something missing ( check behind the lower arm that contects the frame to the spring ! ?) !
Check to see if the bearings ( pivet points plastic ) are OK !

When you say push down I hope that push down on the knee bar, it's not meant to take your weight like that !?

Could be a white brick is missing ?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 06:43:36 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 12:42:37 AM »
The most common cause of this is if the plastic shock absorber is missing. Check your stilts to see if yours have moved.

Picture below shows where you should be looking. If there are not there pm me your name/address & order number if you have it and we will get some out to you.

Offline weekend50

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 12:28:38 PM »
The bearings are not that tight anyway, and the shock absorber things are in te right place aswell.

Is there any other reason that ihey click when walking??

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 01:54:33 PM »
Have you checked all your bushings?  if they have worn out that could be another cause of the problem.

See attached picture to see what they look like.

You can find these at the point shown above, top / bottom of spring and the part under your footplate.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 01:06:24 PM »
I have that problem and still do a bit but I dont Hhave shock absorbers...nost sposed to either. I found it was my footplate coming loose. It still isnt great but they are ok

Offline weekend50

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 03:33:50 PM »
Everything seems to be fine, bushings and all. The shock absorbers are all fine and dandy. The footplate is tightened as tight as it can be, and it still clicks!!!!!

THIS IS STARTING TO REALLY P**S ME OFF!!!!!!!   

:banghead: :banghead:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 03:44:30 PM »
Same here. I dont think you can fix it. There are a few of is that all have the same prob

Offline Wontolla

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 04:20:38 PM »
Mine's the same - the left foot clicks when it lifts from the ground, the other one's fine. Comparing the two PJs I can't see anything differences in any of the joints but the left is slightly stiffer than the right.

I've given up caring  :D

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 04:23:54 PM »
Mine's the same - the left foot clicks when it lifts from the ground, the other one's fine. Comparing the two PJs I can't see anything differences in any of the joints but the left is slightly stiffer than the right.

I've given up caring  :D
:haha: Best way to deal with it.  :thumbs:

Dark Knight

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 06:51:48 PM »
Just been thinking about this and I did have a clicking problem which was not the white brick !?
The two bolts which hold the spring to the top black bracket where loose !
It's hard to check the lowwer one without removing the spring but that's not too tricky, just remember not too over tighten !
This also goes for the bottom joint !

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 06:54:28 PM »
Just been thinking about this and I did have a clicking problem which was not the white brick !?
The two bolts which hold the spring to the top black bracket where loose !
It's hard to check the lowwer one without removing the spring but that's not too tricky, just remember not too over tighten !
This also goes for the bottom joint !

Yea me and theonlysilenthunter had exactly that but they sill click but dont get much worse than a certian point ???

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 07:09:51 PM »
same as meeee

but both of mine click and if i lift one foot up and shake it back and forth it wobles i probably should have a close look at them but ive just been putting up with it best thing to doo really. :PJL:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Dark Knight

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 07:21:17 PM »
same as meeee

but both of mine click and if i lift one foot up and shake it back and forth it wobles i probably should have a close look at them but ive just been putting up with it best thing to doo really. :PJL:
Now that does sound like the bolts like I said  :o

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 07:22:52 PM »
yea the death bolts

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 07:27:48 PM »
I think it's extremely important that you guys get to the bottom of the problem, if it wasn't there when you got them and developed over time it should be an indicator that something’s loose or a part isn't right. Just ignoring it will make it worse.

Remember if it isn't broken then it can be fixed, even when you have broken something we will have the parts available, chances are it will be something minor that can be sorted easily.

Clicking problems or wobbly bocks usually mean one of the following:

1. Some bolts are loose (Could be as DK mentioned near the bottom / top of the spring)
2. The white plastic shock absorber is missing
3. The bushings have worn out

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 07:29:35 PM »
Can we get bushings from you?

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 07:37:53 PM »
ive just been putting up with it best thing to doo really. :PJL:
Just putting up with it WILL make it worse and may cause other problems.

yea the death bolts

They can be if they are not regularly checked, maintained and tightened. You have to remember the stress you are putting on the stilts every time you go out on them and as a regular check up you should always check you nuts and bolts before you use them.

Can we get bushings from you?
Yes.

Offline rickbicker26

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 10:30:37 PM »
how much are the bushings though naz

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 10:39:33 PM »

yea the death bolts

They can be if they are not regularly checked, maintained and tightened. You have to remember the stress you are putting on the stilts every time you go out on them and as a regular check up you should always check you nuts and bolts before you use them.

I will call them "jesus christ" bolts then. thats what you will be saying IF You dont check them  :biggrin: lol there are more than I like to know about on gliders. I think i should start doing a DI on them every time I use the bocks like I do gliders. Actually everybody should.

I know it's easy to just ignore stuff but it could be a bad injury one day. Bocking isn't a super safe sport as it is. who wants kit making it worse ???

Offline zefee

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 05:37:19 PM »
I agree with DK, I started to move my spring when I was holding them, and found that the top bolts on my spring are a little loose, I need to fix it, I just havent managed to yet, dad couldnt find his tools =[ his van is well anoying.

zef

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008, 08:24:46 PM »
Mr bock could of made these stilts a little more secure and non fallapartable couldnt he :nana:
                                                                                           ^^^
                                                                                   not a real word its mine (c) :haha:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 08:49:14 PM »
Mr bock could of made these stilts a little more secure and non fallapartable couldnt he :nana:
                                                                                           ^^^

He only physically makes skips (I think) I have no idea how much he had to do with the design of these.

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 08:52:23 PM »
                                                                                           ^^^

He only physically makes skips (I think) I have no idea how much he had to do with the design of these.
mr boeck is the original designer of bocks, which have been used and adapted by other companies

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2008, 08:55:33 PM »
                                                                                           ^^^

mr boeck is the original designer of bocks, which have been used and adapted by other companies

Then the adaptations are the prob but still they are well good value and are pretty good. This is random..I was peaking to some guys at the airfeild today and they know one of the people who has the patent thingy in the UK. Random or what.