Author Topic: calf problems  (Read 3923 times)

Offline Little E!

calf problems
« on: April 02, 2008, 01:29:12 PM »
hoi hoi all

im all new to this and have just bought me 1st pair. ive got straight on them and started walking and running with no problem but im findin that where the bar goes underneath the knee and the strap behind my calf is painfull when im on them anylonger than 5-10 min (they arent too tight). i can see that pinhead 69 has straps to hopefully stop this problem and there are cuffies going around would this sort the problem out ???
Has anyong got any ideas of what else i can do in the mean time (i spent all me money on the pro-jumps so have to wait till payday.)
the calfs are the main pain i can put up with the knees.
also is there anyone in swindon which has a pair of these things ive not seen any in my areas yet!!

hope someone can help.

the littlE onE!

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: calf problems
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 01:39:49 PM »
Hey Little E,

Welcome to the forum. I think the problem you are having may be fixed by raising the footplate and putting some padding at the top of the spring area.

below are similar questioned asked below which may help you taken for the following thread which has lots of first time questions which may also helphttp://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1043.0

Hi can some1 please help me sort out my Pro jumps. it says that the knee bar should be just under my knee but when i jump it hurts the back of my leg, how low should it be!?...

The ideal place for most is so that the kneebar is resting just underneath you kneecap, however once you become more familiar with your stilts you will then realise what your best resting place for the bar is - Some people like it quite high up where as others prefer it a few cm's below the knee cap.

You could try raising your footplate:
Here's two ways of doing it,

Gillybert used double sided tape on foam for his method (you could even use flip flops)!
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=370

Or you could even do it the way PinHead69 did it with mdf
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1149.0

Or you could just put some foam at the top of your springs.

There is a gap between the back of my leg and the pad, how i get rid of it!?..

Is this the kind of gap you mean:

Don't worry thats pretty normal and it has been discussed here

Where can i get pads and things to put around my legs. (not knee pads, got them) something that makes it mor comfortable!?..

You can pad out your knee bars, in the past people have used
pipe insulation

swimming noodles

or you can try PinHeads method too which you can find on the following thread http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1154.0

Some people also tape it, in a similar way as you wrap your springs.

When i jump reli high it strains the back of my leg,(the back of the knee strap) is there anything more flexable that i can use, Knee bar is a bit chuncky for my liking!?..

The knee strap just needs to be comfortable, don't over tighten it. You should have a read of the following thread regarding knee straps http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1395.0 - theres also Zeldalfires do it yourself strap option to which can be found here http://www.bockmodz.com/tut1.html

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 01:42:10 PM »
I have never faced this problem but I know theonlysilenthunter has. His solution to the problem wasputting some padding around the strap at the back. I think he used a pencil case..cut it up and sewed it around. The type was the animal ones or something like mad out of wet suit material.

Are you bocking in shorts?

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 01:43:09 PM »
firstly are you using knee/shin pads? they stop you legs moving around so much in the knee bar...
Secondly are you wearing jeans or shorts to bock in?
i think this is quite a common problem amongst early bockers, i had the same.
right if your wearing jeans, try to make sure there is no folded parts of your jeans as that rubs instantly.
bocking in shorts lots of people say tubigrip bandage things are great to stop the rubbing on the back of the legs, i know someone who also took the hard pads off an old pair of knee pads and uses just the soft padding at the back of his legs.
i asked the swebounce guys about it and they said they use these....

i made one like the one on the front from an old exercise mat and some gaffer tape, i stick em in if after a few hours im feeling them burn

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Little E!

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 01:58:55 PM »
wicked thankyou all for a quick reply, i was thinking of putting the pipe insulation on the fronts already but wasnt sure about stability.
think im gonna go all DIY and make a pair of covers for the backstraps, not sure about raisin my footplate yet, lower centre of gravity and all (and its higher too fall)
allready lovin this site i think im gonna have fun repeatedly hurtin myself for fun.(ive already looked at the injury pictures)
just managed 2 legged jumps haha

many thanks

(p.s any more cheeky little tips would be useful hehe)

Offline Little E!

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 02:01:27 PM »
i am currently bocking in GIANT BAGGY trousers, dont own jeans there to ruff on me soft supple skin!!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 02:07:58 PM »
Nice one  :thumbs: the only tip i have for you is to wear safety gear! Wristguards are essential. You all good on that front?

Dark Knight

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 05:41:57 PM »
Can I have that spare space for my pair !?  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 05:44:12 PM by Dark Knight »