Author Topic: Walking  (Read 3621 times)

Offline Red_romper

Walking
« on: April 04, 2008, 07:08:41 PM »
Hey again, had another few hours of practice just walking around in a park behid my house and it was commented that my bocks were splaying outwards so the springs were comming close and later the springs knocked together when i was moving faster causing me to fall. I definately was keeping my feet straight and when i was trying to keep the springs appart i either looked like i'd wet myself or was having to point my toes in. Is this normal?

click for details

Dark Knight

Re: Walking
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 07:30:50 PM »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 07:31:28 PM »
Hi,
What you are doing is pretty normal. I think everybody does it to begin with. That one of the reasons it is important to tape up your springs.

The more you practice on your bocks the better. Your posture will improve loads. To start with you sorta lean in funny directions and do have your feet pointing outwards too much. As you get more confident and practice I think you kinda "grow" out of it.

What i suggest is is that you watch how you walk on the ground...do your toes point out even slightly? just watch how you walk and make an effort when on bocks to keep you feet pointing as straight as you can..Not too far as it will become uncomfortable. You will know when its right coz you wont knock the springs any more.

There is loads on the forum about this and lots of other suggestions too so give it a good read through.. We have a habit of getting off topic a lot so there will be lots of info on threads that dont particually relate to the title so it is all worth a read.

You are not alone..I think most people still do it when they get lazy and really tired off a long days bocking. I know I do  :biggrin:

:spudT:

Offline Red_romper

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 07:42:29 PM »
Cool thanks I'll try that out tomorrow methinks  ;D

click for details

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 07:49:47 PM »
It is normal, DK`s response is a good one, need to keep toes pointed forward.

You run at first like you have a football between your knees or as was decribed to me (and others) walk & run like you have Sh*!t yourself
Grow old disgracefully