Author Topic: rancher landed his first barani!  (Read 2839 times)

Offline Joe Legg

• What goes up! Must come down!
    • www.PushYourLimits.co.uk
rancher landed his first barani!
« on: April 05, 2008, 10:10:15 AM »
Ok I told naz I would show her my newest tricks.

and here it is finally landed a barani last weekend.

[youtube=425,350]TjUYIcpCtHs[/youtube]

www.jurassicjumpers.co.uk

I'll keep you all updated will my progress. Hopefully have multiple flips by mallorca.

and thanks Jason again the 'Hoofies' are working great.

E-Mail: joe@pushyourlimits.co.uk
Latest Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3mB5yxMHjE

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: rancher landed his first barani!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 10:57:19 AM »
Well done mate

Very impressed and your getting some awsome height on the bounce before them I think with a little practice you will get the height during the barani and they will look amazing

Keep up the good work

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 11:16:02 AM »
yeah they were SUPEr high

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 01:09:19 PM »
Ok I told naz I would show her my newest tricks.
and here it is finally landed a barani last weekend.

Just noticed this thread... Thank you  :)

I commented on the gallery image but here's what I wrote...

"Wow!!!

Ohhh you're really pushing the limits now...
Kiola's going to be watching his back now  :biggrin: !
And you are getting some wicked height too. Well done"

I think as the guys above the height you are getting impressed me as much as the trick itself, and I still can't believe how fast you are progressing  :thumbs:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 02:26:09 PM »
Does the brand not have something to do with that?
I read that those ones allow you to bounce higher.

Still, both the height and flip were very impressive! :thumbs:
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline GRS

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 02:57:59 PM »
Well done rancher, my kids saw that and got on the tram trying to copy you and didn't get very far  :D

Does the brand not have something to do with that?
I read that those ones allow you to bounce higher.

I've found the following from my experience to get max height:

1. You have to get the technique right first off: if you are not very good won't matter what brand you are wearing, I've tried a few different brands and wasn't getting any way on any of them when I first started bocking.

2. Stiffer or newer the springs, the more you will get out of them: I upgraded my old PJ springs for the black ones of the same size and was instantly getting a much better height, I've not pushed them as much as I did my old ones they are still stiff but I feel I can get a lot more out of them still.

3. Some say that the Powerskips give you a better return with little effort, same has been said about the new Projumps black spring and also the higher weight cat 7's Srex so its hard to determine the brand statements as it would be extremely hard to proof one way or another.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 03:03:20 PM »
I read something somewhere about the swebounce guys getting better performance from the Trex ones or whatever they are  :o They did  a comparison. I think its on PP somewhere.

Offline GRS

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 03:19:29 PM »
I am posting this new topic as Wolfgang in Austria asked Mattias to carry out some independant tests on the S Rex type R EVO recently. I think this is important information for the community as the tests were completely independant and also show a direct comparison between the S Rex and Powerskip from an expert user point of view. This is Mattias own words from his email below.

Swebounce Test
I measured the performance compared to my powerskips by jumping and touching the wall.

With the 7-league I jumped 4.28m high with my hand. If you then subtract my length of 2.80 with the stilts on and my arm up you get the height of the jump alone to be 148cm.

I did the same jump with the powerskips and got 4.30m high - the 2.80m Gives the powerskips a height of 150cm

I also tried to do some somersaults over a bar and broke my record by a lot. I didn't have time to try with the powerskips again so it was not a test between the stilts. But anyway my old record from like 5 years ago with powerskips was 2.35m My new record was 2.60m with the 7-league. I think that's a world record:)

I find that the 7-Leagues take a little bit more force to get to the maximum bounce

Here it is Spud,  but reading it properly it seems that he only tested it briefly and they didn't compare them with their skips directly, it doesn't mention how old his skips are and I think they are probably used ones compared to the 7's which will be new. According to this he still got 2cm higher on his skips than the new 7's and the record he broke was somersaulting over a bar but the record is 5 years old and he didn't try it again with his skips, so its hard to see this as a direct comparison and it would be a tough call!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 03:31:04 PM »
We all know skips are the best. It's the other brands that are debatable really. Most of it is technique I would love to see somebody test all of the brands out and compare them. I bet if you got good on projumps or simular and once you were as good as you could get and got skips it would be like the engines on the cars that like after a certain amount of revs use some extra engine ???

Offline GRS

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 03:41:02 PM »
I think as more brands come out and improve then it would be questionable if skips are the best anymore and they should be watching their backs especially because their springs are so expensive compared to the others, I do think the only way to test all springs would be for experienced and newer bockers both to carry out a test on all brands and also different sizes because it may also be a case of different sizes performing better or worse and again a different experience for new bockers as well. It could be one brand performing better for the lower weights and another being better for high weight bockers for experienced bockers and then completely different for say new bockers, it is mind boggling thinking about this as I haven't given it much thought before  ;D