Author Topic: Not so smART.  (Read 2283 times)

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
Not so smART.
« on: April 15, 2008, 10:41:55 AM »
MISSING TV star Mark Speight was found deadtoday at a London rail station, police said.

Speight, 42, vanished last Monday - six days after an inquest into the cocaine-binge death of his actress fiance Natasha Collins, 31.

Police launched a massive hunt for the former presenter of Children’s BBC art show SMart.

Unexplained

A British Transport Police spokesman said: “At 10am we were advised that the body of a male person was discovered at Paddington rail station.

“Officers are investigating the identity and circumstances surrounding the death which is being treated as unexplained.”

Speight was last captured on camera entering Queen’s Park tube station in north-west London at 2.25pm last Monday afternoon.

He was seen 22 minutes later boarding a southbound Bakerloo Line train heading towards the centre of the capital.

Girlfriend ... Natasha Collins

Speight was reported missing after failing to keep an appointment to meet his Natasha’s mother Carmen, 57, for coffee in Covent Garden at 3.30pm the same day.

Hours before his body was discovered, his dad made an emotional plea for him to get in touch.

Oliver Speight said in a statement: “Mark, wherever you are or whatever you are doing to give yourself time to deal with your own personal grief, we totally understand but we need you to get in touch.

“Please don’t give up on us because we are not giving up on you.”

Natasha died in a scalding bath at their £625,000 penthouse flat in St John's Wood, North London, in January after a marathon drug session.

An inquest in Westminster heard the couple had spent two days partying, drinking heavily and snorting cocaine before Natasha woke in the middle of the night to take a bath.

She left a hot tap running and died of horrendous burns while Speight slept.

Coroner Paul Knapman recorded a verdict of misadventure

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Not so smART.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 11:07:52 AM »
Thats not a nice story really. I used to love that guy.

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 12:40:31 PM »
its another tragic ending story, which is quite sad

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 12:58:29 PM »
the reason i poster it tbf was anyone who is say 18-28 remembers him on kids tv, in fact he was on ceebeebies not long ago.
it just makes me personnaly chuckle to think what these kids tv stars are like when off camera.
its a sad story and im sure he will be sadly missed, but you live the life you lead.
one filled with drugs and such isnt statistically gonna end well.
Remember kids, DRUGS ARE BAD MMMKKKAY

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline K-rock

• SkyHigh
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 01:46:19 PM »
No wonder he was so full of energy. He was a goddamn mentalist on tv! But yeah I used to love the guy too. Its mad that people you see around you when you are young actually have personal lives, let alone cocaine filled ones.

Bock 'n' Roll!!