Author Topic: running  (Read 11772 times)

Offline DJ MIDNIGHT

• brat brat brat
    • dblok
running
« on: April 16, 2008, 09:56:10 AM »
hey im getting better on my jumping stilts now (can really feel my muscles aching). any way ive started running, im not very fast lol but its a jog :D. does anyone have any tips for me. thnx

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
Re: running
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 10:35:15 AM »
just make shour u pick your feet up lol i found out the hard way  :biggrin:

Offline DJ MIDNIGHT

• brat brat brat
    • dblok
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 10:50:20 AM »
lol ouch im quit lucky actually aint fallen over on my pjs yet :woohoo:

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 10:55:58 AM »
yer i haddent till last night think i was getting a lil c*cky

Offline DJ MIDNIGHT

• brat brat brat
    • dblok
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 11:28:44 AM »
lol wot woz u doing :) i cant do n e thing on my pjs yet cant even bounce coz im not in the weight i shud be

Dark Knight

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 02:22:10 PM »
Once you've been on your stilt for some time you'll start to forget that your on them !?
Sound odd but I think you know what I mean.
Has you run look at your feet as they land ( I've got size 11 feet ) it will look as if your bouncing on a 2 feet high invisable sponge. If you now think of it like that you should forget that your bouncing and kick back harder.

Remember when you are running you can be going faster than if your on your stilts so remember you'll need a good stopping distance ( or soft brick wall )   :thumbs:

Offline DJ MIDNIGHT

• brat brat brat
    • dblok
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 08:45:59 AM »
lol thanks dark knight. you see when i try to run my legs swing out side ways because i dont want to hit the springs together (i will make a video soon for you to watch).

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 08:54:26 AM »
Once you've been on your stilt for some time you'll start to forget that your on them !?
Sound odd but I think you know what I mean.
Has you run look at your feet as they land ( I've got size 11 feet ) it will look as if your bouncing on a 2 feet high invisable sponge. If you now think of it like that you should forget that your bouncing and kick back harder.

Remember when you are running you can be going faster than if your on your stilts so remember you'll need a good stopping distance ( or soft brick wall )   :thumbs:

A soft brick wall  :o thats a bit of an oxymoron but I WANT ONE!  :banghead:

lol thanks dark knight. you see when i try to run my legs swing out side ways because i dont want to hit the springs together (i will make a video soon for you to watch).

I think you need to practice walking more then. If you are worried about hitting springs you must be lacking some confidence. Get walking perfect then you will stop shoudl stop hitting springs at all and then you just have to transfer it to running. Also if you proactice lots you will get better at recovereing from a spring knock or trip up too..just like you do on your feet. It really is practice. You shoudl try spending whole days on them..You really get used to them then.

:spudT:

Dark Knight

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 08:55:58 AM »
That's bad ! They should be swing under you like in normal running !
If you swing them out you'll hurt your hips and as you swing your leg back in you could still hit them together.

They shouldn't hit each other, I've wearing two pair at once I'm nearly jogging and they dont hit each other !?

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 08:56:36 AM »
just keep them knees up

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline DJ MIDNIGHT

• brat brat brat
    • dblok
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 09:10:56 AM »
i do practice for bout 2hrs a day am getting better as last week i cudnt even walk propaly. i can kinda run at bout 2mph lol. oh n by the way i can walk perfect now so i dont have to worry about that  ;D

Dark Knight

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 09:15:58 AM »

Offline DJ MIDNIGHT

• brat brat brat
    • dblok
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 09:25:29 AM »
hey thanks man :thumbs: at least you got what i ment about swinging my legs out lol not only does it slow you down but you also have people giving you funny looks as it looks like you've pooed yourself lol. i will go out later and practice keeping my legs straight and not pointing my toes out. its kinda weird coz when i walk without my pjs my feet point outwards hmm strange oh well will practice later :nana:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 05:44:58 PM »
Ride the bounce.
Don't try and run normally, you have to go with the bounce of the springs, otherwise you'll kill it and end up wiping out.
That's my only tip really, use your arms like normal and just go for it. It's all just practice and finding the best technique for you :)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 06:05:53 PM »
oooo means you dont no HOW to fall practise falling and gettin up on grass its the best trick you can have if u fall in public :P

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Dark Knight

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 07:22:01 PM »
I just made some great videos of walking and running taken with a pole I was holding  :thumbs:
I put the card down I think someone throw it on the fire  :banghead:
I'll try again another day.

Offline DJ MIDNIGHT

• brat brat brat
    • dblok
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 10:10:17 AM »
oooo means you dont no HOW to fall practise falling and gettin up on grass its the best trick you can have if u fall in public :P
oh no ive already tried my legs aint long enough to do it n when ur on the floor they seem to be like a tonne on each foot.

Offline DJ MIDNIGHT

• brat brat brat
    • dblok
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 10:14:32 AM »
guess what ...... I CAN RUN IN MY PJS NOW YAAAAAAAAAAAAY. i spent 3hrs out last nite practicing nonstop and i cracked it. i can take bout 3ft strides at the moment but its better than what i was running like the other day (leg swinging)lol. i realized when ur running theres a rhythm in the bounce its like every bounce u have to puch down and forward at the same time then relax then do it again. thanks everyone

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 12:19:42 PM »
ii our blok has figured it :P

i love running makes you look funny XD makes you tierd as hell tho XD

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline DJ MIDNIGHT

• brat brat brat
    • dblok
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2008, 12:29:26 PM »
yh i can run for about 30seconds lol

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 01:56:09 PM »
yer i cant run for long ither

Offline DJ MIDNIGHT

• brat brat brat
    • dblok
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 02:09:15 PM »
lol will get better wen muscles get stronger

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 02:17:34 PM »
i wanna back flip on my bocks but im being gay about it lol can do it on the ground without bocks on

Offline Cpt_Tangerine

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 10:53:03 AM »
I've just got back on the bocks after about a year off following my first (and only, so far) fall in which I fractured my elbow.  I'm starting off a little more cautiously than last time, but as running starts to feel a little more natural I'm finding that it helps to think of what each foot is doing one foot at a time and get a rhythm going.

Oh boy, do I feel unfit though!  My slowing/stopping technique is less than graceful as well.

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 11:00:20 AM »
it never is graceful, it find its easiest to just start running on the spot, or trying to and you kind of slow down gradually