Author Topic: Tricking for first time  (Read 5775 times)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
Tricking for first time
« on: April 21, 2008, 05:45:35 PM »
hey guys i wanna trick but i dont feel im getting enough height and that im going to fall or brake my legs is this normal fear or do you think im abnormal :biggrin: (no that isnt an excuse to call me names)

i want to learn how to split kick and do some grabs could anyone give me some pointers  :thumbs:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Tricking for first time
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 10:20:45 PM »
I had the same problem mate

Start small don't worry about height just move your legs a few inches apart and then back before you land
Slowly increase the distance over a few bocking sessions (don't rush you'll only mess it up)
After a while you will start getting good at it then try another trick the same way

I can now do a semi passable straddle and spring grab (nothing special but getting there)

Above all don't get down hearted just keep trying remember most of the people you see doing good tricks have either been Bocking longer than you or have a background of some other sport that helps

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 10:24:56 PM »
I practiced stuff on grass..was harder but was more confident. That was in the good old days of the soft springs lol

Offline Tok

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 10:35:10 PM »
1stly Jason can trick much better than he gives himself credit for! ;)

yeah with tricks, because of the added weight of the bocks, if you aim to get your feet a little way appart, they'll always swing a bit wider, which means you wont have to try as hard! :D (i'm not lazy i swear)

So like jason said, build up, dont rush for massive splits, build up to it a little at a go!

Offline KentLee

• FREEDOM BOCKER!!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 10:41:29 PM »
and when you get really good AID you can start tricking like an ince from the ground... hehe...
Freedom bocking. no ties to any clubs but friends with them all. this is the way forward.....

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 11:08:28 PM »
Thanks Tok your very kind to an old man but most of those things you thought were tricks was me trying to get upright before I hit the ground again  :haha:

Must admit we did have fun on the South Bank though

Check out the pic of the steps at walton I gotta get a vid of my first try at them then you'll see tricking  :biggrin:

One other thing Aidan if you have a trampette (they are really cheap now) or small trampoline you can practice the moves first without bocks

so get practicing and don't forget to video it  :thumbs:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 05:24:18 PM »
woo cheers guys your the best and yer i have a trampoline that i flip on XD but ill keep practising my kicks everyday like you said till i get good then ill take piccy for you guys :)

Offline _louis_

• Lofty
    • Free Online Laughs
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 10:23:56 PM »
Nooo not take a picture !

Video it :P
Then we can laugh at it and put it on youtube if you fall over hehe

Danny seems to be doing well with tricking just see it as a compotition... i mean... you cant get beaten by the dooly man !

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 08:58:44 AM »
i was on grass yesterday an found that i can run an jump prity high :banana: :banana: :banana:

umm there are a few vids of me but not that flatering lol

only been on dem 2 days an now trying to lern tricks

xx
lozzi
xx

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 09:28:57 AM »
well done to everyone here whos getting their tricks down.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 12:08:43 PM »
yeer nero me and my banana gonna beat ya soon  arnt we banana man   >> :banana: YER!!

Offline T10HJS

• Forum For VAG Enthusiasts
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 10:50:45 PM »
hmm good idea think i will get on my trampoline and try some tricks then get the bocks on and give it a go

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 10:53:25 PM »
Yea but not on the trampoline with bocks  :biggrin: It doesnt work..I tried  :biggrin: