Author Topic: Snap  (Read 4813 times)

Dark Knight

Snap
« on: April 21, 2008, 07:32:30 PM »
After a great bounce at the gym on Saturday I got on my stilts today walked down my path step on the road ( very quite road ) and the back foot strap FLOW off  :o
I looked down and the rod flapping about was is got to a low wall and took it off to see want was going on !

The rod that going through the under side of the foot plate as snaped off the staps srews still there but the plastic snaped off too !
If a PJ's rod fits a T-rex frame I can fix it at work in the morning the snap  :-\

Only the other day I was saying you should always check/oil/grease as often as you can but this just goes to show things can still go wrong !

Offline Jelly

• jagermeister is the bocking medicine
Re: Snap
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 07:39:43 PM »
Hey DK, that happened to munchers 7's too, it must have been a dodgy batch as he hasnt been on them much, due to being a fair weather bocker. I think there has been other peoples 7's have that same problem. He cant bock on them now, well not without the spare part that it needs to fix them. I dont think he should have to pay for the spare part as we have encountered problems with all the 3 pairs of T-Rexs we bought. But if anyone can come up with a solution, all ideas would be welcome. jelly x

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 07:41:20 PM »
are they within 12 months of buying them DK?

If so, mr warranty will fix that up.

If not, talk nice to me and maybe do a little dance.

Offline GRS

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 07:43:00 PM »
I did shout out the same thing but wasn't sure if it was the same part the the lads on radio bock were talking about. Seems it was. DK as you have modded yours I don't think you would get a replacement free but Jelly and her friends should.

Offline Jelly

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 07:47:04 PM »
Does that include me too locky? I got ours in August, so we should be covered too, right? I will dance for you locky, what genre you want? Tap, ballet, jazz, contemperary, street, belly, pole, lap, table, etc etc. jelly x

Just read your post GRS, here here. Mine are all natural ;D jelly x

Dark Knight

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 07:50:30 PM »
There second hand there my normal T-rex with a PJ's 110Kg spring and the strap whereon them !?
I've a PJ's frame spare so I'm hope I can swop the parts over ?
Still I've always got the BIG pair LOL

Dark Knight

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 07:53:00 PM »
Does that include me too locky? I got ours in August, so we should be covered too, right? I will dance for you locky, what genre you want? Tap, ballet, jazz, contemperary, street, belly, pole, lap, table, etc etc. jelly x

Just read your post GRS, here here. Mine are all natural ;D jelly x
I've got a spare ! I could give you one  :o :biggrin:
It's already off only need to that  :censored: clip released
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 07:58:48 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 07:55:05 PM »
@ Jelly, I think 7's have a year on the frame, get in touch with them and I'm sure they will sort it out for you.

Don't delay, its usually better to call them as soon as something like this happens or drop a quick email to the place you brought the item from and it will get dealt with asap, I do it all the time where something I've brought stops working within the warranty period and I don't do anything about it until its too late!

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 07:59:15 PM »
DK you are not the only person to snap today

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 08:01:02 PM »
ooh. Abd I hope you sort it DK xx

Dark Knight

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 08:06:44 PM »
ooh. Abd I hope you sort it DK xx
Got one off old PJ's frame ( if it fits ) it's the stupid  :censored: clip that holds it on stop me changing it tonight.
Jelly if you can get one .... you got more the a pair ?  If you can't I've got an extra one  :thumbs:

Offline Jelly

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 08:08:52 PM »
Thats the thing, i have tried to get in touch with manni (mk) but he isnt responding back to me. Which is making me a bit CROSS  >:( . I know locky and trip sell 7's but i dont want to give them an ear full. If they can help me then that would be great but i dont have any other contact or wolfgangs details.
One of those pairs is my bro's so they all have owners now, plus he has his own problems with his own. jelly x
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 08:10:36 PM by Jelly »

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 08:39:50 PM »
I dont sell them anymore jelly, but give manni a call and he should be able to help you. Use whatever number is on the 7leagues london site and mention that you've emailed without response.

Dark Knight

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 09:47:32 PM »
This part to hold the frame in shape so if this snap when you out same where as long as you just walk in them you could get back home/your car/bus/train  :-\
But I wouldn't go far and wouldn't try a bounce without fixing it !

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 10:03:06 PM »
Your all gonna hate me for this but I caught that bit on a concrete bench on my first set of PJ's and about a week later it parted company
To be expected really as I did give it a good bang so I hopped on the lathe and turned myself up a new one took about 2 hours but cost about a quid in materials

It's good to be a model engineer  :haha:

Jason  :Hoofies2: