Author Topic: oposite day idea  (Read 8119 times)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
oposite day idea
« on: April 30, 2008, 01:05:39 AM »
heyaa i was talking to charlie B and thelong1 in chat and we was being stupid and talking in a oposite mannar and i was thinking......

why dont we have a oposite day for the forum :biggrin: :banana:

in specific topics of corse coz it kinda is a public forum

(btw when i wrote this it was 01:09 and my brain was turned off and charlie B was confusing me over the 4th dimension) :banana: :haha:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Dark Knight

Re: oposite day idea
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 05:50:55 AM »
(btw when i wrote this it was 01:09 and my brain was turned off and charlie B was confusing me over the 4th dimension) :banana: :haha:
I went to bed at 12 got up just gone 4:30 my brain is alway swtiched on  :Dark_Knight: :banana: :biggrin:

http://www.cut-the-knot.org/ctk/Tesseract.shtml

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 08:43:50 AM »
Strange object 
:spudT:

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 03:13:50 PM »
wooooo DK has a 4th dimension box  :biggrin:

wooooo

:banana:

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 03:01:26 PM »
cube, not box - and 4 not 4th

a four-dimensional cube, and thats only spacial dimensions, you should consider temporal dimensions too, in which case we are experiencing four dimensions right now.

these four (spacial)dimensional cubes are not neccessarily what it would look like to us anyway, we wouldn't know as we cannot see in a fourth spacial dimension, but this is being displayed as a two dimensional object anyway, seeing as it is on our screens.

think about that commoners, lol

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 09:46:05 PM »
Now I was taught that we already have 4 dimensions the first three are self explanitory Height, Width and Bredth the fourth one is Time but so far we can only travel in one direction in time (unless you count nostalgia)

Now the fifth dimention is the one we should be talking about  :biggrin: and is that what dreams are about

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 09:58:56 PM »
cheesey joke

how u make time fly.....

throw your clock out the window  :laugh:

Dark Knight

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 10:46:43 PM »
Now I was taught that we already have 4 dimensions the first three are self explanitory Height, Width and Bredth the fourth one is Time but so far we can only travel in one direction in time (unless you count nostalgia)

Now the fifth dimention is the one we should be talking about  :biggrin: and is that what dreams are about

This has been an increasingly sore point in a physics world caught in a bitter rhetorical war between anti- and pro-string theorists. The nearly 40-year-old thread of abstract reasoning has resulted in visions of a universe made up of 10 or 11 dimensions, populated by multidimensional but tiny strings and "branes" (think membranes, but in two, three, or more dimensions) – but virtually none of this can be tested.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 11:24:50 AM »
The aliens would know

Dark Knight

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 12:56:34 PM »
The aliens would know
He'd be bound by the same physical laws has us so .... No it's couldn't  :nana:
If he could test it then he could tell us in our 3 dimesions ( Time is not a dimesion ) ???
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 12:58:53 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 01:39:40 PM »
The aliens would know
He'd be bound by the same physical laws has us so .... No it's couldn't  :nana:
If he could test it then he could tell us in our 3 dimesions ( Time is not a dimesion ) ???
??? Dont really understand what you are saying but they would know and will eventually tell "us"

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 07:48:53 PM »

yes fourth is time, hence "temporal" from the latin tempus - meaning time

( Time is not a dimesion ) ???

yes it is, its just temporal, not spacial - accept it

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 09:58:41 PM »
Now is Deja-vous the same Dimensions again or an entirely different but identical set at a different place or time  :biggrin:

And is 1/3 of 100 in decimal an endless dimension  :biggrin: (suggest you work it out long hand DK and give us an answer  :thumbs:)

How many Dimensions does it take to change a lightbulb  ???

What do you put in Dimension 101 (answers on a 6 dimensional postcard to the above address)

Ps I've only had one beer (in this dimension  :haha: )