Author Topic: Hoofies Mk2 How To  (Read 23512 times)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Hoofies Mk2 How To
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2008, 08:13:21 PM »
Ok folks Spud is right  but just to clarify

The kit above will initially be £10 inc uk p&p (I say initially as I got the first lot of studs and nuts at a reduced price and while they last so does the price)

Replacement rubbers are £6 inc uk p&p

Be aware that your hoofs need to be in good condition (a little wear is ok but not much) or you will need to get a good set from Pro-jump

I will be putting some kits together over the weekend and as it's bank holiday should have them ready for posting on tuesday

I'll give you a PM when they are ready Nero (yes I take Paypal)

Anyone else wants some PM me and I'll sort some out

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2008, 09:33:34 PM »
nice one jason looks like you done it again,as allways you done a very good job and these look like there going to go and last very well good on yer mate ..well done

Offline theonlysilenthunter

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2008, 10:30:51 PM »
The question is how many times can the hoof be taken off before it slackens?? i don't quiet understand how the bolt stays in  :-\ lol good job by the way!! always a fan of more ideas for the hoofies......especially if they end out cheaper :D

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2008, 11:38:25 AM »
wicked jason thanks, and thank you for being patient with us while we wait for these godsocks :)

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2008, 09:32:23 PM »
The question is how many times can the hoof be taken off before it slackens?? i don't quiet understand how the bolt stays in  :-\ lol good job by the way!! always a fan of more ideas for the hoofies......especially if they end out cheaper :D

There are 4 square flat nuts moulded into the hoofs that come on PJ's and the studs are just screwed into these and then locked into place with the nuts

As for taking the hoofs off the only wear would be on the studs and as these can be replaced when needed you should be able to change the Hoofies rubber almost indefinately of until the original hoof rubber degrades through age or the constant bouncing

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2008, 09:34:25 PM »
OK guys and Galls

I have made up a few kits for these now so PM me if you want some

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2008, 01:29:10 PM »
how many times can the hoof be taken off before it slackens?? i don't quiet understand how the bolt stays in

There are 4 square flat nuts moulded into the hoofs that come on PJ's and the studs are just screwed into these and then locked into place with the nuts

Thanks Jason, I was wondering about that too, but didn't want to take it off to investigate incase it did result in a looser fit when I put it back. Now I know it won't. :)

And sorry for reviving a necro thread but this is awesome. :) (though since it's stickied, I guess it doesn't really meet the necrosis criteria). This is the first time I've seen the tutorial (can't believe I missed it all this time).

I think I'd really like a set, but I'm doing the trainer idea next week (unlike most people I think it looks cool! :D lol) so I'll see how that goes first. :) But since the shoes cost £20 and these cost £10, I'll definitely get a set of these from you next time. :)

One question. You say you've been using them a month or so with no problems, but since everyone bocks a different amount of hours each month that doesn't necessarily tell me much. Would it be possible to estimate how many hours you've had on them, and how much wear this has caused? :) (Sorry if you've answered this already).

I'm not even going to ask about sidewards slippage because I have total confidence in your design. :) But this particular rubber's lifespan (in hours) would be of interest to me. Thanks Jason. :)

-Neo- 8)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 01:32:15 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2008, 09:03:12 PM »
Ok Brendan this is a difficult one

I was bocking on average 10-12 hours a week that consisted of 1 to 1 1/2 hrs at work on mixed pavements and concrete about 1/2 walking and 1/2 jumping and about 3-4 hours on the weekend with more jumping on the same sort of surfaces with an occasional gym meet

So lets say they last 40 hours of my average bocking (I'm heavy and wear them on one side)

Tundrah and Paul-Self both did a rough estimate of wear for me when I first made them and I believe one of them got 50 hours or so

Now the hard bit they seem to last longer in the wet weather (must be either I'm less active (not as much jumping) or the cooling effect of water )

The bolt on ones are reversable so you get twice the wear and I have only just taken the first set off (after the 10k walk for life) and they were well worn before the walk

So the length of time they last seems to depend on the persons weight /activity level /and skill level They do seem to last as long as the hoofs or longer and as you get a replacement rubbers for £6 and they are double use that means you get the equivilent of a set of hoofs for £3 instead of the £15 the hoofs cost

And finally the grip in the wet is the best I have found and so far I have tried about 10 different tyre types and 4 different rubber types

I am going to the next Gillingham gym meet and to Capital Bocking If you want to try mine before you buy

Hope this helps

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2008, 10:01:27 PM »
Brilliant breakdown Jason, thanks. :) That seems really good value for money. :)
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2009, 07:23:20 PM »
Hi Jason,

Been reading about Hoofies & Studdies an i have a couple questions as i'm a bit of a new bocker.

1. The MK2 look really good and quite easy to fit, however i'm not the best DIY'er in the world! What's the potential to do it wrong an end up making a mess out of it?

2. As I'm not the best DIY'er would i be better off getting some MK1 Hoofies (money's Not an option)

3. I'm learning on Grass for a start so would your recomend some Studies too?

I definatly want one or the other so could you PM me with details on your Paypal an which would be best for me.

Cheers JJ.

Dark Knight

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 07:44:42 PM »
There is another topic about Hoofies
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1121.0

I think Jason has to change the rubber mats because they long make that type of mat and the new ones don't last the same I could be wrong about that.
I don't use them but from what I've seen their well made and he's made it very easy to put together.

A lot of us make tire sox/boots ourselfs and it not too tricky.
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2761.0

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2009, 08:02:51 PM »
Hi Jim

Due to the new rubber not lasting as long as the old stuff I am no longer making MK1's as they are just not good enough value due to the time it takes to make them

I do have a few of the MK2's but I am working on a new idea that seems to be almost as good as the Hoofies and grips well on grass the good news is that they seem to last well to

The bad news is that you have to mod the hoof slightly and a lot of people don't like doing that

So watch this space and if all goes well I may have a walk through for making them (all you will need is a knife, steel rule and a drill)

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 08:04:26 PM »
Yeah id seen the thread on the tyre sox but thought the hoffies looked much better! I'm vary vain! LOL... but will probablyhave a go at trying both an see what works best for me.

But i'll defo buy at least one set of the hoofies so i have some thing to compare the tyre sox to.

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2009, 08:07:49 PM »
Hi Jim

Due to the new rubber not lasting as long as the old stuff I am no longer making MK1's as they are just not good enough value due to the time it takes to make them

I do have a few of the MK2's but I am working on a new idea that seems to be almost as good as the Hoofies and grips well on grass the good news is that they seem to last well to

The bad news is that you have to mod the hoof slightly and a lot of people don't like doing that

So watch this space and if all goes well I may have a walk through for making them (all you will need is a knife, steel rule and a drill)

Hi Jason

Thats a shame, I liked the look of the MK1 Hoofies.. But never mind.

Well if you have some of the MK2 Hoofies left can you send me a pair until your new ones are done please? Just PM me with the details of you paypal an i'll sort you some cash out!

Cheers

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2009, 02:09:34 PM »
Hi Jason,

After 3hrs of p**sing about with an ajustable spaner (Couldn't find an 8mm one anywhere! Went and bought one this morning!) I finnaly got my MK2 hoofies fitted!

May I say not only do they look BLING they have sooooo much grip. Went out for a little burn on them last night after I fitted them an they were great! Can't wait to get home an tighten everything up (Now I have a propper spanner) an give them a propper go.

Thanks Jason! Top job mate!! Also I'll let you know how may hours i get out of them if you want.. being a heavy git an a newbie!

JJ

p.s. can you get the MK1's for my friend?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2009, 10:47:09 PM »
Yep JJ it would be interesting to see how long they last for you (remember you can rotate them to double the time )

I don't do the MK1's due to there being a better answer price wise

If you friend is desperate to be on Hoofies he can buy the new style hoofs from here for about £30 a pair plus £10 for a set of MK2's and that will give him twice as much wear as 1 set of MK2's and as they are around £20 a set it works out the same price and cheeper by a lot when you get the third pair

But watch this space as I have just started testing the MK3's and they are going very well but will only fit on the new type bolt-on hoofs

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2009, 11:16:51 AM »
Cheers Jason I'll pass the info on.

You coming to Lincoln? If so you'll meet Chris an maybe able to have a look at his hoofs an sugest the best solution.

Cheers M8

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2009, 09:29:26 PM »
You never know Clive and I might make it one day but do I need a passport and a local language book  :haha:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2009, 09:43:40 PM »
That answered a question  :D seriously worth it if you can  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Random  :P Dan thought Lincoln was south of norfolk LMAO  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

:nana: in the off chance dan logs into the forum  :P love you  :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 09:45:37 PM by Spud »

Offline JOLLY JUMPER

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2012, 11:32:09 AM »
I was thinking...
would a set of these do the job?It's less hassle...for sale on ebay! :Cbiggrin:
http://www.benl.ebay.be/sch/i.html?_nkw=dog+shoes+extreme&_sacat=0&_odkw=dog+shoes&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2012, 12:28:54 PM »
You will only find out by trying them mate

I think they will work until they either slip round the hoof or wear out

I stopped making the mk2's as the special rubber was no longer available (It was amasing stuff it lasted ages and stuck like the proverbial to a blanket)

Have a look at the mk3's I made the Hoofie mk3 out of Motorbike tyres due to the high wear that bocking puts on the rubber and the grip they give on most surfaces

The tyres are about £30 delivered and you get 7 sets out of them so work out very cheep in the long run

But if you try them let us all know how they grip and last as might be a good option for gym meets to protect the floors

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline muncher

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2012, 06:24:12 PM »
I wish I'd had some of these on today! #bruised! Will be getting exos at xmas, and will prob get hoofies too! Well done Jason! P