Author Topic: Touring Around the U.K!! ( Its an idear so dont get or hyped up about it)  (Read 5282 times)

Offline wahry

• Free your mind...
 think this whole site should start touring i mean i cant do it coz im only 13 but most of you on this site our out of school now , but the people who cant tour "Fully" can still be a part being requesting to come to there town, city, village Ect. I mean come on guy's touring leads to sponsership's (Sorry im a realy bad speller) and sponserships lead's to T.V and T.V lead's to Fame , Fame= Alot more bockers :D Alot more bockers leads to more comps and races Ect. post back on yours idears on my idear Thanks

Haz

A.K.A Wahry :) :PJL:
Wah

Dark Knight

It's 40 odd miles for me to find another bock being a Tigger no fun  :(
It never hurst to try to get a meet up near you, if it's hard to travel see if there's a meet which you can goto and your mum/dad would like to go to as well ( parades , fates , sea-side ).

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
touring leads to sponsership's

What on earth are you basing that on?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
We have groups covering a lot of the UK. I dont see the point in tour. Groups are everywhere and are always having meets. If you had a tour then it would be like a single event in a few places. You are going to cover a large area but not reach that many people where as if groups keep having meets in their local areas they will be reaching  a larger amount of their place and if all the groups works like this, as I beleive we are we will be doing good.

I think that the capital bocking things/ lincoln gym meets would be more sucessful than a tour. The tour is already covered by loacl groups but capital bocking and lincoln are single big event that we can really get people talking about.

:spudT:

Dark Knight

We have groups covering a lot of the UK. I dont see the point in tour. Groups are everywhere and are always having meets. If you had a tour then it would be like a single event in a few places. You are going to cover a large area but not reach that many people where as if groups keep having meets in their local areas they will be reaching  a larger amount of their place and if all the groups works like this, as I beleive we are we will be doing good.

I think that the capital bocking things/ lincoln gym meets would be more sucessful than a tour. The tour is already covered by loacl groups but capital bocking and lincoln are single big event that we can really get people talking about.

You forgot Spalding's Parades and parades/displays !?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers

You forgot Spalding's Parades and parades/displays !?

I did, sorry DK. Yes. Spalding parade is one. A very very good one.

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
I would just like to add that our tour actually ended up costing us an £60 a night for sleeping arrangements. But thats mainly because I am a snob and won't stay at travel inns due to the fact they allow dogs in their rooms. Premier Inns all the way! A tour, is a pretty expensive activity, and fuel isn't free! Perhaps you are confusing the term 'Tour' with commute. Also, sponsorship can be easily obtained if you have a good reason for the funding and also, be able to deliver a good sales pitch. Our tour had no less than 3 sponsors, and that was well before the main preporation. Locky has a point, touring doesn't really lead to anything ;)

-Carma (The Bocking Rocker)

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
Our tour actually ended up costing us an £60 a night for sleeping arrangements. But thats mainly because I am a snob and won't stay at travel inns due to the fact they allow dogs in their rooms. Premier Inns all the way!
What the hell is wrong with a dog in the room?!

touring leads to sponsership's (Sorry im a realy bad speller) and sponserships lead's to T.V and T.V lead's to Fame , Fame= Alot more bockers :D Alot more bockers leads to more comps and races Ect.
You what? I don't see how your logic works at all. I have been on TV on bocks and it did not push the numbers up nor did it make us famous. And we didn't even have sponsorship.
And more bockers does not lead to more competitions and races (races for what I might add?), infact it appears more bockers leads to less competitions.
Touring is not needed, nor is sponsorship, TV, or so-called "fame". Each group promotes the sport and pushes it to the public, and all are willing to travel to visit each other, but a UK tour would be an expensive venture and a waste of time. Big events that put us out there like Capital Bocking are the way forward.

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
The sport is still a young sport, the development of local clubs where we can consolidate numbers is the key point. There are possible 10,000 bockers in the UK. Where are they ?

get these people into clubs and the new National Governing body then we can start to drive other stuff. 
Grow old disgracefully

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
Our tour actually ended up costing us an £60 a night for sleeping arrangements. But thats mainly because I am a snob and won't stay at travel inns due to the fact they allow dogs in their rooms. Premier Inns all the way!
What the hell is wrong with a dog in the room?!

Well Sprog, one, it's not my dog. It could be covered in sh*t for all I know. And two, fleas, no thanks. Oh and three, I would never own a dog as they make you house smell. Simply put. I do not want to spend a night in a room where someone dog slept in. Not to mention I am not a huge fan of dogs myself.

Quite simply, I would never actively choose to stay in AND PAY FOR a room that had a dog in it. Simply, these are all my personal choices, and ones I think the great majority here would agree with.

As for the comments, Sprog is totally right. Large events like CB promote the sport, where as the smaller events tend to promote the regional groups.

-Carma (The Bocking Rocker)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 12:00:00 PM by Carma »