Author Topic: Advice on tricking - no safety equipment except pads!  (Read 13210 times)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Advice on tricking - no safety equipment except pads!
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 10:27:02 AM »
It was in response to this but applies to everybody. It good to know where you are in that list. You can apply this to most things you do and it helps lots. Doesnt neccesarily change where you are but makes you think a bit.

I am pleased you understand it needs some preparation.

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 04:27:30 PM »
4)unconscious competance (can do it without thinking about it)

Like the man who can catch a fly with chopsticks, the man who can do a backflip after being knocked out, can do anything! ;D haha.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 09:27:58 PM »
You left the most important one out Spud

Concious Stupidity  (Knowing you can't do it but going ahead anyway)  :biggrin:

This one is the one I used the first time I attempted a flip

Goes like this -----

1) Turn up at my 1st gym meet never having done any form of gymnastics (unless you count falling off Horses  :biggrin:)

2) Watch a few people flipping (on foot onto a mat ) and landing on there back

3) Looks fun so try ( wow this is easy  :banana:)

4) Put bocks on and run round like a loon

5) Look at mat for 10 mins wondering

6) Go for it  :haha:

And 7) is below

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=841

One day I'll try again  :thumbs:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 10:14:50 PM »
I think that would come under number 2...but just being stupid enough to try  :haha: I will give you this one :P

You headplant like a pro  :thumbs:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2008, 09:24:20 PM »
Nice to know I can do something Profesionally  :biggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline T10HJS

• Forum For VAG Enthusiasts
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2008, 11:03:17 PM »
Ive been out on the trampoline for a few hours today flipping, and i managed to land a good 8/10 (so a bit more practis is needed) as soon as i can do 10/10 i will get along to a gym meet as im sure its a lot harder to land on bocks.