Author Topic: Something Wrong  (Read 2315 times)

Offline weekend50

Something Wrong
« on: June 15, 2008, 10:13:36 AM »
Hi all,
       I seem to get a 'second bounce' as some people have called it when i walk around. Anyone know what this can be??

Also, the holes at the top of the spring, (where the bolts go through) seem to be splitting. (i think)   I can see a faint white line running between both the holes and a bit down the spring. Could this be the holes cracking??

Why is this?

I had bought a spring about 4-5 months ago, so i hope that this is not a major problem.

Another thing, when i put the calf support bar on the floor so that the stilt stands up, and i pull up and down on the spring, it seems to move. This happens even when i tighten up the top and the bottom bolts on the spring.

Anyone help me with this??

Thanks
Ben

Dark Knight

Re: Something Wrong
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 10:37:05 AM »
Sounds like the bracket bolts where either too loose and one hit the spring or you've tightened them too much and cracked the spring !?
Post a picture would help but it does sound like it's cracked   :(

The movement may piont to the bracket being loose !?

The bracket is the "U" shaped metal that contects the spring to the frame by two small bolts

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
Re: Something Wrong
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 11:11:41 AM »
Alternatively, it could be just the plastic 'T' that has fallen out, mine do it all the time but I don't care anymore. (The rattling mean).

The spring split could just be the natural life of your spring coming to an end. A fracture does mean it's going to break, only that it is getting closer to maybe needing a new one, still probably got a couple of months though!

Also, this second bounce thing, I have incredably bouncy springs so I bounce about even just talking, You also get used to this.

-Carma