Author Topic: 70s or 80s guys?  (Read 3154 times)

Offline Divalicious

70s or 80s guys?
« on: June 15, 2008, 11:37:57 PM »
Im a 9 and hlf stone female, would u recommend me getting 70s pjs or 80s? Been readin few posts+cant afford to be pulling out 4 new springs in cup months so wld i benefit frm getting the 80s straight off? ,x

Offline Shyatt

Re: 70s or 80s guys?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 11:50:05 AM »
Well as you are around 60 kgs and this is your first pair of bocks, the recommended weight class (by Pro-Jump) for you would be 70kgs.

But there is also money to take into account, people may not want to buy one weight, and then have to buy another to soon after...
if money is a huge issue then it would be better for you to get the 80's, but you may have trouble compressing the spring much at all for the first while, thus slowing your learning.

I am only 5kgs heavier than you, and i bought the M80's, they seem to be fine for me, so really it is up to personal preference.
I would say for you to get M80's, but that's only my opinion.

Shyatt ;D

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 12:19:31 PM »
80's definately.

I'd even consider 90's at that weight.

Offline Divalicious

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 12:29:59 PM »
90s? Really? I did read anothr post that said sum1 at 64kg was on 90s+fine -thats y iv askd. I was going 2 go 4 70s,then dcdd 80s 4 sure, 90s? -?! I just worried may be hard 4 me to compress? Maybe 80s+change to 90 springs ltr? 80s or 90s guys?! ,x

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 12:59:00 PM »
erm... haven't a clue what that last post was about because there didn't seem to be many real words in it. lol. :P ...But for a girl of 60kg I think 80's would be more than enough! 90's are a bit extreme unless you have really powerful legs. I don't want to sound sexist but females naturally have a lower power to weight ratio than guys, so unless you're a gymnast, horse-rider, power-lifter or steroid addict I'd recommend the 70's or 80's. :)

But I think you should ask some girls before deciding. :) Guys have a proclivity to go two or three weight categories above their own weight, but it may be that girls stick to the recommended weight category.

Have fun. :)
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 01:04:02 PM »
mmm glam rock or nu wave --difficult 1

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 01:08:50 PM »
I only suggest 90's cuz our latest WB is 14 (not a big lad) and 9 stone and he has a pair of 90's and does really well on them. They are hopefully going to last him all summer, where as most of the welshies get projumps that last a month or 2 and then get 7's.

Also because you'r a girl - and please do excuse my huge assumption here - you're probably more concerned with having fun on them than getting the most extreme height ever.
80's will do you fine. 90's will most likely be fine too but wont risk of bottoming out anytime soon.

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 01:19:43 PM »
Also because you'r a girl - and please do excuse my huge assumption here - you're probably more concerned with having fun on them than getting the most extreme height ever.

You're braver than me! :D
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 01:52:53 PM »
I would say 80's..upgrade later. If you go to 90's you will slow progress down a lot. It wouldnt matter if you take to them really really well but just dont know that.