Author Topic: Introducing Boot Cam  (Read 4997 times)

Offline Redok

• Sirbastian Manning
Introducing Boot Cam
« on: June 20, 2008, 09:37:33 PM »

Firstly, this video really isn't very interesting. I just wanted to check out the quality so I filmed a few small jumps in my garden where space is quite limited.

[youtube=425,350]gkGeFliOWQ0[/youtube]

I think I might mount it a little higher up so more of the boot gets filmed.

Anyway what do you think of the camera angle?

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: Introducing Boot Cam
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 09:40:57 PM »
wow I expected this to be crap but it works pretty well.

Cant wait to see if with a jump off/over something and a vault :)

Dark Knight

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 10:05:00 PM »

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 11:49:40 PM »
hmm i remeber that camera being in my face on the end of your pole DK.

Wow that sounds so wrong ....

Dark Knight

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 12:17:44 AM »
hmm i remeber that camera being in my face on the end of your pole DK.

Wow that sounds so wrong ....
You mean this !  :biggrin:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v699/Dark-Knight/?action=view&current=AVI_0001.flv
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 12:20:08 AM by Dark Knight »

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 01:16:33 AM »
I've got one of these.

http://www.oregonscientific.co.uk/cat_ActionCam.htm

It's been for a ride on my motorcycle,A flight on my model helicopter and now it's attached to the knee bar on my right stilt...Should be fun! I'll post footage come Sunday!  :biggrin: :thumbs:

-Nobby

Dark Knight

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 08:38:05 AM »
I've got one of these.

It's been for a ride on my motorcycle,A flight on my model helicopter and now it's attached to the knee bar on my right stilt...Should be fun! I'll post footage come Sunday!  :biggrin: :thumbs:

-Nobby
Years age I stuck a video carmera to my boot ( Normal size ! ) and rode around on my motor bike  :)
Was real funny until the tape can unstuck and it flow off  :o
It was still record and still did work ( must one day find it lol )

Oh what is the sound like on yours, my sound is rubbish  :-\

Offline Redok

• Sirbastian Manning
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 02:37:52 PM »
I've got one of these.

-Nobby

That's the same camera as mine. It's a very nice piece of kit.

Offline XS

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 03:14:23 PM »
i did something similar the first day i got my helmet cam.

Dark Knight

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 03:33:56 PM »
I think we should set up a BOCKERS-VIEW video section  :thumbs:
Don't forget you bring it to CB  :banana:

Have you grab an image off the video ?
I have and to comes at upside down and left is right  ???
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 03:35:28 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 04:29:55 PM »
the first video was great, imagine landing a 9 step jump or jumpin over  a few people, it would make great footage (no pun)

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline XS

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 05:27:59 PM »
since people seem to want to see more of it i'll bring mine along when i go out this afternoon and see if i can do some vaults and jumping over stuff with the camera like that.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 11:34:06 AM »
These vids look so wierd when attached to the bocks. But woop helmet cam

Offline PowerJoe

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 03:44:39 PM »
haha, its a bit wierd to watch but could be great for making tutorials with, nice work :thumbs:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 12:50:33 AM »
I like the idea of the boot-cam. But I'd prefer it to be rotated so you could see where the bocker's going.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 01:35:02 AM »
Keep your pants on Brendan! There'll be something to laugh at soon enough. I didn't get to go out on my stilts on sunday. Had to work, but I can assure you,there'll be a video of me falling over soon!  :nana:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 01:58:51 AM »
Keep your pants on Brendan!

No. I'm off to bed and I sleep naked.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline choco bean

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 05:14:44 PM »
I like the boot cam! Though you could proberly do with it at a slighty higher angle so you could see a bit further a head. Watching that made me feel travel sick! lol. If I got one I'd end up falling over like the first time I put it on, and wrecking it all!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!