Author Topic: Transporting bocks when not wearing them.  (Read 4635 times)

Offline zipp

Transporting bocks when not wearing them.
« on: June 21, 2008, 03:08:42 PM »
Hey guys,
New to this forum.

I recently had cause to walk half a mile with backpack and a bock in each hand. Phew, they soon get heavy. ???

OK,so i have seen some real expensive bags, but i thought i had seen someone make a carrying device from an old bag strap or something??
Any one have any ideas on carrying bocks, or a link to the strap thing i think i saw please?

Cheers.

My avatar in no way, represents my bocking ability. It is just a fun graphic design.

Dark Knight

Re: Transporting bocks when not wearing them.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 03:23:50 PM »
I work out a way has have a number of others !?
I've dug it out for you  :thumbs:

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1021.0
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 03:30:11 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 05:49:29 PM »
Another way (thanks TOK) is to take the knee straps and buckle left to right, this forms a shoulder strap so you can hang them over one shoulder
Grow old disgracefully

Offline Tok

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 06:32:03 PM »
Hehe Thanks charlie! See, I can be useful! Now i don't have those straps anymore i just hook the kneebars over my shoulders, footplate pointing towards your stomach, peasy!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 08:55:46 PM »
I believe it was ET that once answered this question with

Don't carry them when you can walk on them  :biggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 11:35:50 AM »
i just hook the kneebars over my shoulders, footplate pointing towards your stomach, peasy!
yeah if i need my hands (mostly to hold beer) whilst carrying them i use this method, its simple to carry them like this, but i always promote carrying a stilt in each hand by the springs, your legs and core muscles get a great workout while your on them so this helps keep the top half evenly toned imo.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Wally247

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 03:34:51 PM »
i have a rucksack with comprsion straps on the side cos im an out doors typa guy, and i jsut strap my bocks to the comprssion strapswith the springs pointing forward (so that when its on your back the springs are near my arms)

it works a dream only you have to rember that you are nolonger person sized when you where you bag... it also gives you space to put pads tool kits water food ect...  ;D

only then im left with an almost empty bag and need to borow a car to dump it in while bocking  :-\

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
:
                                                          click for details

bocking puts the spring back in you step...

Dark Knight

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 03:37:00 PM »

only then im left with an almost empty bag and need to borow a car to dump it in while bocking  :-\

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Use a bike lock on your bag  :nana:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 11:43:28 AM »
I just cant find an easy way to do it. Wearing them is best. I just end up holding them by the springs or wear them on my arms lol

Offline Becky

• EsseX Power Bockers
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 12:13:10 PM »
i just hook the kneebars over my shoulders, footplate pointing towards your stomach, peasy!
Me too!
Gives you free hands to open doors and i normally end up on the london underground, so it gives you a free hand to operate the ticket barrior!

Offline zipp

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 01:27:22 AM »
Thanx for all the ideas folks.

I have cuffs, so i don't think the hook over the shoulder method will work, even though it sounds the easiest? 

I will be taking a closer look at my backpack, and it's straps.

I realise that wearing them is the easiest way to carry them, but i was injured at the time, and was forced to dismount.
My avatar in no way, represents my bocking ability. It is just a fun graphic design.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 08:57:33 PM »
The hook over the shoulder method works even better with cuffs as they don't cut into your shoulders

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Dark Knight

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 06:07:53 PM »
I've got new way to carry my stilt but may not work for every one ?
Stand the stilts upright and contect the strap from one into the one from the other.
The strap should just be through the clip 2-4cm.
Turn them so that the spring points away from you.
Left them up either side of your head and rest the two straps on your neck and the knee bar rest on your shoulders, allow the footplates to piont out and under your arms.
The calf pads ( I've removed my pads ) should rest on your chest.
 :thumbs:

This way has a bonus that you can hook plastic bags over the frame between the knee hooks.

:Dark_Knight: :thumbs: