Author Topic: New Springs? Do I need them :S  (Read 5560 times)

Offline 3.141592654

• Just call me "Pi"
    • Convenient Blog
New Springs? Do I need them :S
« on: June 30, 2008, 06:31:42 PM »

The crack, argh!

Happened at some point today, a lot of friends fell over on them today. I think they're the lightest available spring, I probably needed to upgrade from 60's to 80's anyway with me weighing 65KG.

Is this a spring ending flaw? will it get gradually worse? I feel it being funny with each step taken on it :/

http://clip2net.com/clip/m8680/1214847007-clip-1463kb.png

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: New Springs? Do I need them :S
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 07:17:29 PM »
Personaly I have seen much worse being bocked on to the extreme

I'd take the hoof off and have a look at how far it has gone and if it has missed the bolt hole I would tape it well and continue

My first fibreglass springs delaminated under the cover quite badly but it wasn't untill I'd worn them out that I noticed

If they feel strange I would check the rest of the spring and all the joints on that Bock as that split shouldn't make any difference

Post another pic if you take the hoof off

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 07:22:13 PM »
Tok used his and they were like aweful. 20 times worse if not more than that. But you do need a spring upgrade so i would get them now anyway...and if you have enough to geta  new pair you could let all your mates use them ones and keep your ones all unbroken

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 07:39:17 PM »
Tok used his and they were like aweful. 20 times worse if not more than that. But you do need a spring upgrade so i would get them now anyway...and if you have enough to geta  new pair you could let all your mates use them ones and keep your ones all unbroken

Spud whats the point of them getting new springs is the spring is just a little bit cracked Tok and loads of people have used them until they break, as long as they arnt bottoming out then as Jason said just wack some tape on it and carry on.

Offline 3.141592654

• Just call me "Pi"
    • Convenient Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 07:41:33 PM »
Tis the weight thing, I won't be getting any much bounce with these 60's but they're great for learning! I'm gonna take off the hoof now and see what the craic is.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 07:48:45 PM »

Spud whats the point of them getting new springs is the spring is just a little bit cracked Tok and loads of people have used them until they break, as long as they arnt bottoming out then as Jason said just wack some tape on it and carry on.

Didn't read the whole thread did ya lol? He weighs 65kg and is on m60s. What I said was the springs are fine for now but you due an upgrade anyway so i would just do it.

Tis the weight thing, I won't be getting any much bounce with these 60's but they're great for learning! I'm gonna take off the hoof now and see what the craic is.

you got me  :biggrin:

Offline 3.141592654

• Just call me "Pi"
    • Convenient Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 07:50:34 PM »
Ha! hilariousness, my spanner just bent really wide when trying to take off the hoof thing to see how far the crack went down! Oh no! :P

I think i'll use these for a while until i have the spare cash to throw around on new stronger springs. Socks are the next thing to be bought and was rather annoyed at the price of springs.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 07:54:07 PM »
Yea. There is nothing bad wrong with them exept them being quite soft I imagine. Go for it :)

The springs form here are as cheap as you will get them but it doesnt make the money easier to find

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 08:27:00 PM »
well ellis is selling some 80 springs hardly used for £60

Offline 3.141592654

• Just call me "Pi"
    • Convenient Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 08:27:21 PM »
This one might be the crack making it feel funny when I walk I guess.

?

Dark Knight

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 10:33:52 PM »
Looks like a surface flake to me !
It's not that bad just tape it tight maybe an odd drop of super glue should stop it flaking anymore !?
Wet the spring it'll help you see how deep the split is  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 10:35:25 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Tok

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 10:46:03 PM »
I'll post a pic of mine up soon, was using them up untill a few weeks ago, now my sis is using them!
If they're the wrong weight range then yeah replace, if not then jut carry on ;)

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 10:50:59 PM »

Didn't read the whole thread did ya lol? He weighs 65kg and is on m60s. What I said was the springs are fine for now but you due an upgrade anyway so i would just do it.

yeah i gots ya ;)

need to stop being lazy and read properly xD, but its soo much effort =]

Mini Ellis xx

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 10:56:12 PM »

yeah i gots ya ;)

Mini Ellis xx

Lol I am like that soemtimes..even replying in rong thread hehe  :o

:spudT:

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 11:15:36 PM »

yeah i gots ya ;)

Mini Ellis xx

Lol I am like that soemtimes..even replying in rong thread hehe  :o

:spudT:

Yeah im good with doing the Wrong MSN window

...oops

Mini Ellis xx

Offline PowerJoe

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 11:50:06 PM »
damn it, thats a lot of quoting lmao

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 04:44:35 PM »
Nothing like a good old bit of quoting ;)

Mini Ellis xx

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 04:46:30 PM »
Nothing like a good old bit of quoting ;)

Mini Ellis xx

No, Nothing at all