Author Topic: Wow, where do I start?  (Read 4619 times)

Offline Melifluous

Wow, where do I start?
« on: July 01, 2008, 09:32:38 PM »
So got my springy things today and adjusted the knee bar thing to the rightish height.

Pads on, straight out the door and 3 minutes walk to the common down here in Portsmouth. 3pm, really rather hot, packed with sun bathers.

Found myself a park bench near a tree and sat on it to put on me stilts... Stilts on, stood up and grabbed the tree for dear life. Spent a couple of minutes doing all the stuff suggested around and about (bouncing from foot to foot, stepping in place holding the tree, ever a few kanga hops). Then thought ah $od it let's go for a walk around the tree.

No friends with me, so one hand on the tree and walk around it slowly. Lost contact with the tree and I was off! 30 foot walking carefully to the next tree :)

Spent a good 3 hours out in the sun! I can walk unaided, run well enough (feels like a triple jump that never stops  :laugh:) and even towards the end tried some steps and some 2 footed bouncing. Standing up without a tree or bench or something aint happening yet, but I guess I need to build up my strength.

People kept stopping me and asking about them (nice chance to name drop this site  ;)) and just about everyone on a packed Pompey seafront stopped to watch me.

Shattered now :) Just found 5 different bruises that I hadn't realised I'd done and it's gonna take a plastic surgeon to get the smile of my face.

Now let's see if I can still walk tomorrow :p

Meli

Offline 3.141592654

• Just call me "Pi"
    • Convenient Blog
Re: Wow, where do I start?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 09:38:35 PM »
Wow, how did stairs go? I find them impossible!

Offline Melifluous

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 09:47:12 PM »
Wide stairs, going down. At the war memorial on the common.

It was after wandering around it I notice a sign saying "No skateboards, rollerblades or bikes or similar equipment on the war memorial. To do so is an offence, maximum fine £500  :police:

I thought they might consider the projumpers 'something similar' and left at that point...

Seriously though, stairs are just stairs, you know how to walk up stairs normally? Not much different to be honest. Still I was feeling pretty darned invincible today. Padded up and having already fallen over to no great discomfort, that which doesn't kill me makes me stronger :P

Still I'm 33, need the exercise and work as a computer programmer. People keep telling me to get more and meet people. Pro-jumpers work for me  :thumbs:

Meli

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 09:52:37 PM »
I've bocked there on an early meet with the JJ's (you do know about them right?). Love it for bocking.

Sounds like your doing really well.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 10:50:55 PM »
I've bocked there on an early meet with the JJ's (you do know about them right?).
www.jurassicjumpers.co.uk ;D

I was going to use a silly line such as "well to start you need to buy a pair" but you've got me outsmarted. Welcome to the forum, get yourself on the JJ forum and I'm sure we'll meet sometime soon. Sounds like you are doing really well, keep it up! :)

Offline Jack

• EA Bocker
    • www.eabockers.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 07:18:52 PM »
nice going with the walking staight off i had some1 help me wen i first walked

:thumbs: Keep going man!

Jack

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 07:45:14 PM »
Well done

particularly the steps, not my favourite obstacle
Grow old disgracefully

Offline K-rock

• SkyHigh
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 08:54:35 PM »
Sounds like a good start to me dude, well done, thats great for your first go :)

Bock 'n' Roll!!