Author Topic: extra bounce, and it feels weird in one spring.  (Read 4260 times)

Offline 3.141592654

• Just call me "Pi"
    • Convenient Blog
extra bounce, and it feels weird in one spring.
« on: July 04, 2008, 11:19:06 PM »
The leg with the slightly damaged spring is also really dodgy feeling. It creaks when I walk and is generally wobbly feeling. I've heard things like "white brick." but for the gods honest life of me, searching has yielded to be useless. I don't understand what all the specific component related talk is about.

One of my bocks has a bit of a rattle and grindy feeling when I walk on it, sometimes a little bit of an extra bounce when walking etc. Trying to deduce the problem is hard, I was going to strip it down and rebuild but none of the bolts would move and they seem like they were put in place by satan himself. Meaning it will be an awesomely tiring day when I get my new springs, but as for now.

Is it that part moving so much being a problem? Really stuck, and am going to spend probably all day tomorrow seeing if i can physically dismantle these things without breaking any more spanners.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: extra bounce, and it feels weird in one spring.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 11:58:26 PM »
Ignore it. Go bocking :)

Dark Knight

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 01:00:07 AM »
Looks like the bearings worn or broken  :-\
To remove that bolt you'll need to take the knee bar off first.

Offline 3.141592654

• Just call me "Pi"
    • Convenient Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 01:11:30 AM »
So it shouldnt be moving about that much then dark knight?
Taking this apart will be a challange

Dark Knight

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 01:19:27 AM »
So it shouldnt be moving about that much then dark knight?
Taking this apart will be a challange
That bolt shouldn't move like that !?
It shouldn't be that hard once the knee bar removed. May feel a little stiff. If it's real tight maybe that's why it broke !?

It's a plastic "top hat" spacer/washer which looks to have broken, you may find part of it's missing !?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 01:22:24 AM by Dark Knight »

Offline 3.141592654

• Just call me "Pi"
    • Convenient Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 02:58:50 PM »
Yeah, theres a hole in my top hat :P
Took a while to take apart, was rather tricky.

Where can I buy new ones? And do they always wear out so very quickly :/

Dark Knight

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 03:33:15 PM »
Have a word with Naz ?
Has for where you can buy .... ask Naz !?

Not all bearings fit in other frames so it's best to buy from the same poeople where you get the stilts from  :thumbs:

Offline Rodamus_Zero

• X-Bocks
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 12:17:35 PM »
Ive got almost the same problem with my left stilt, only found out the problem this morning since I discovered my left stilt just didnt sound right at all, always made a "clunk" sound when I stepped on the ground with it, the right one felt solid and made no noise at all. Ive had this problem since I got my PJs last Friday and put them on.

The poor lass on the other end of the phone when I phoned up Pro-Jump couldnt understand what I ment by "The bracket that holds the top of the spring to the L frame is wobbly".
This is the only part of my Stilt that is "loose" and "wobbly" and because of it, everytime I take a step with it, it does feel as if the foot plate itself is going to fly off  :-\
On a not so serious issue, the right angle part of the L frame, there is a large, long, cylindrical washer on the inside and it rattles, I dont see it causing much of a problem but it doesnt half make a fuss. Not sure if the issus are related...

Ive kindly been asked to return the stilts with a return order form to Pro-Jump HQ (doesnt that sound awesome?!  ;D) though it'll be Tuesday as I dont want to miss out on Capital Bocking.
Tell Them, Zero is Here.
Team Member of x-b