Author Topic: Best for sumersaults & stuff  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Kaaaaaaren

Best for sumersaults & stuff
« on: December 03, 2006, 05:06:28 PM »
Soon as I've done my Christmas shopping and got back from holiday I'm saving up to buy some, but as they've got so many different names (powerisers, powerskips, jumping stilts, etc) I was wondering are they all the same?  I'm a pretty decent trampolinist, weighing 8 stone, and wanna use them to do consecutive sumersaults and jumping over fences and high things and whatever other tricks I can think of.  Are they all bouncy enough for this type of thing or do I need to buy a specific sort?

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
Re: Best for sumersaults & stuff
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 05:48:06 PM »
No I dont think you do, they are all pretty much the same but if you are going to do tricks like that you will need padding up ( elbow, knee pads, wrist protectors and a helmet) also you will have to have a freind video you so you can post it and we can all see ;)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 08:57:18 PM »
Sorry but I have to disagree. Powerskips will give you a higher bounce as they have different springs.
Although there are many names for one product (projumps/powerisers etc) powerskips and 7leage boots are different and will give you a better performance.

Not sure how the owners of projump will like ppl talking about other products on their forum but you asked the question so :P

I'd also suggest buying a category or two above your weight. It might prove a little harder to break them in but the springs will be stiffer and thus when you're really going at it they will give you a harder bounce.

Offline Kaaaaaaren

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 02:38:45 PM »
Thanks very much for that.  I dont wanna spend a load of money on them only to find I need a better pair.  So thanks I really appreciate it.  And yeah, as soon as i've mastered the tricks I'll get someone to video it and post it for all to see!

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 04:44:38 PM »
Dont get the wrong idea though, the projumps sold on this site are fine to perform flips and jumps. Apparently though the more expensive brands/models do have more springyness but I've not had a chance to try this myself. It would be good if someone was able to compare the differences between them so people could judge whether the extra money is worth it.